So is it a world phone?

Ekreed

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
A couple of questions: Is the droid 3 a world phone? And, if it is, does this make it possible to buy it without a verizon contract and use it in europe with a european sim card? (I expect the phone will need unlocking to do this, if it's possible how difficult/costly would that be?). I hope it's possible, it seems like the phone I've been waiting for, but there doesn't seem to be any plan to release the milestone3 over here.

Payne78

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Should be able to stick a vodafone sim card in it and have it working without a hitch. Least that's how its worked with other phone I've taken across the seas. It may need unlocking though.

mupi

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
The pictures they took in the initial hands-on show a vodaphone sim in it. FWIW.

Mine hasn't come yet (according to fedex, it's at the local facility just waiting for tomorrow to come ont he truck), but if I can dig up a SIM card I fully intend to see if I can do an AT&T sim card, and see if it works; and if not to call and try to get an unlock code.:cool:

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
You can get it unlocked and use it in most of the rest of the world, but like other CDMA/GSM world phones they do not support the same 3G bands as AT&T so to it would be limited to EDGE here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908