A couple of questions: Is the droid 3 a world phone? And, if it is, does this make it possible to buy it without a verizon contract and use it in europe with a european sim card? (I expect the phone will need unlocking to do this, if it's possible how difficult/costly would that be?). I hope it's possible, it seems like the phone I've been waiting for, but there doesn't seem to be any plan to release the milestone3 over here.
    07-14-2011 12:59 PM
    It is a world phone for sure. That is the only part I can answer, sorry.
    07-14-2011 10:43 PM
    Not sure about how well it will work in Europe but mine did come with a sim card
    07-15-2011 05:07 AM
    Should be able to stick a vodafone sim card in it and have it working without a hitch. Least that's how its worked with other phone I've taken across the seas. It may need unlocking though.
    07-17-2011 04:07 PM
    The pictures they took in the initial hands-on show a vodaphone sim in it. FWIW.

Mine hasn't come yet (according to fedex, it's at the local facility just waiting for tomorrow to come ont he truck), but if I can dig up a SIM card I fully intend to see if I can do an AT&T sim card, and see if it works; and if not to call and try to get an unlock code.
    07-17-2011 09:08 PM
    You can get it unlocked and use it in most of the rest of the world, but like other CDMA/GSM world phones they do not support the same 3G bands as AT&T so to it would be limited to EDGE here.
    07-19-2011 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD