While the Droid 3 is, in theory, available I've had 2 corporate Verizon stores tell me that they're special order only. The only unit they have in-store is the demo unit. Sacramento area. (The little licensed stores don't even seem to be aware the phone exists.)

So, Verizon.... I can order it from you for $199 and wait. Or I can order it from Amazon or Wirefly for $149 and wait. Hmm...hold on here...let me think about this.

Anyone else seeing this or has this area just been ignored?
    07-16-2011 10:17 PM
    I went down to my local Verizon store to return an accessory a few days ago and there was someone there buying one at the counter. I ordered mine online for $149 and got it next day for free.
    07-16-2011 10:51 PM
    While the Droid 3 is, in theory, available I've had 2 corporate Verizon stores tell me that they're special order only. The only unit they have in-store is the demo unit. Sacramento area. (The little licensed stores don't even seem to be aware the phone exists.)

So, Verizon.... I can order it from you for $199 and wait. Or I can order it from Amazon or Wirefly for $149 and wait. Hmm...hold on here...let me think about this.

Anyone else seeing this or has this area just been ignored?
    They have them over the counter in the two local VZW stores I've been in this week. I bought my phone at one on Thursday, and then popped in the other later for the dock.
    07-17-2011 07:03 AM
    My wife bought her's at the VZW owned kiosk at the local BJ's Wholesale Club on 7/15.

In fact the first phone had a bad display and had to be changed. They gladly exchanged it at the kiosk. Availability seems good to me?
    07-17-2011 11:31 AM
    Bought mine at a local corporate store.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    07-17-2011 02:30 PM
    I'm surprise the OP is having a hard time finding one. My friend just brought his Thunderbolt back and was able to snag out without any issue.
    07-17-2011 02:34 PM
    I went last Friday to a local corp store for something else and woman said they had a case of them out back and already sold 5 that morning.
    07-18-2011 08:16 AM
    Update. Visiting the Bay Area. Store in Foster City has them, but not on display. They were told to not put them out because they have too many Droid 2 phones keft.
    07-19-2011 12:28 AM
    I had no problem getting one today and the guy just before me also got one (over a DX2, at my recommendation)
    07-19-2011 12:58 AM
    Update. Visiting the Bay Area. Store in Foster City has them, but not on display. They were told to not put them out because they have too many Droid 2 phones keft.
    I hate to say it, but I could see this happening. If you have last year's car on the lot, you push that one till the 2011 models are gone. You'll sell that 2012 model if they ask, but get rid of the old inventory first...
    07-19-2011 08:30 AM
    Yup. Bay Area, I went to two stores on July 14th and both wouldn't sell me a D3. Their store manager said they had to sell all their D2 first but could order a D3 online for me!
    07-19-2011 09:59 AM
    I just tried to buy a d3 at Evansville, In. I went/called four Verizon stores and two best buys. Nobody in town had a d3 to sell me. I guess I might just order online.

Edit: I finally found one at Sams Club. They had a few in stock and they were selling them for $129. I'm glad I didn't find one earlier. Saved me $70.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    07-21-2011 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD