So, i preordered my D3 and got it the 13th. I go on the Verizon website and see that its bogo now.
    Is it possible to go back to the store and talk to them to see if i can get my brother a D3 for free, or should i call *611?
    07-18-2011 01:56 AM
    I imagine worst case scenario you could return your D3 with the Worry Free Guarantee, and then start over a new transaction using the BOGO promotion.

Maybe???
    07-18-2011 06:48 AM
    Wish we knew this a couple months ago. My wife is having D3 envy, but just bought a DX2
    07-18-2011 08:45 AM
    This says something about the product. BOGO after a week?
    07-18-2011 10:59 AM
    This says something about the product. BOGO after a week?
    Enough with the negatives about the D3 from your point of view. We all know by now you hate the D3, returned yours after a day, and have gone to an Iphone.

Why are you wasting your time and ours even posting here on a Droid site then?
    07-18-2011 11:06 AM
    Actually it does say something that it did go BOGO after 4 days in the retail stores. We're having camera issues as I noted in this forum as well as the Droid Owners Forum for Motorola.
    my wife went form a D1 to the D3 and she has been happy with the phone except for the camera and she like to take pics while on the go and this camera just doesn't cut it. She said my DX and her OG Droid takes better pics.. that says something about the D3 IMHO. Add to that a future software update is supposed to fix other camera issues.
    According to VZW those other issues are the camera locking up/lagging when taking pics and when recording a video, if the phone somehow goes into standby mode while recording the screen will be distorted. That's just the camera, add the issue I have documented and there is something Moto has done wrong in regards to the camera.
    My wife and my son don't want to get rid of their D3s but not being able to take pics/vids like the OG Droid puts them into making a tough decision. Go back to VZW and get another with potentially the same issue? Have Moto send replacements? either way if the new one has the same issue it was all for naught..
    General Tso likes this.
    07-18-2011 11:19 AM
    I was thinking the same thing. I'm gonna give them a call in a few and see what happens, if I don't get it. I'll be returning my d3 and reordering it to get the offer.
    07-18-2011 11:20 AM
    Enough with the negatives about the D3 from your point of view. We all know by now you hate the D3, returned yours after a day, and have gone to an Iphone.

Why are you wasting your time and ours even posting here on a Droid site then?
    Because I'm sick of Verizon, HTC, and Motorola just throwing their flawed products out there without testing knowing the public will buy them because they're new. If I can help one person from being burned (like me) then I'm glad.
    07-18-2011 11:30 AM
    Because I'm sick of Verizon, HTC, and Motorola just throwing their flawed products out there without testing knowing the public will buy them because they're new. If I can help one person from being burned (like me) then I'm glad.
    Its not about VZW or Motorola. This is an industry wide issue. My last phone was a BB Tour. It was ridiculously buggy when it came out. I suffered through multiple software fixes, exchanges, etc. They finally got it right after about 6 months. I had the similar issues in the early days of the Treo, Kyocera 7135 (which was a really neat PALM OS smartphone). And, basically, no OEM has been immune to these kind of quality control problems. Hell, iPhone had the infamous death grip issue and Apple has about as rock solid a rep for hardware as you can get. For whatever the reason, phones are getting rushed to the market with poor QC.

VZW's phone lineup is just as vulnerable as every other company and, sadly, it rarely pays to be an early adopter because the first months of any new smartphone typically bring growing pains.

As to the bogo deal, this has nothing to do with Motorola not making a desirable product. The reality is that VZW makes far, far, far more with contracts than they do by selling phones. If they can hook two contracts in a BOGO deal, then they have really made out well.

FWIW, I've had every manner of smartphone that exists since the days of the Palm OS and B and W crackberrys. In my experience, the most durable over time are made by Moto, Apple, and RIM. My luck with HTC products has been poor.
    akronevan2 likes this.
    07-18-2011 12:04 PM
    Just went by the Verizon store. They will honor BOGO, even if you bought your phone last week. So, OP, you are going to be a very good brother.
    07-18-2011 04:23 PM
    Thanks! I stopped by a while ago and got the phone for my brother. He's pretty happy coming from the D1. Thangs again for asking Walkabout.
    07-18-2011 07:30 PM
    Will the BOGO offer stand even tho I used my new every 2 upgrade for the d3?
    Edit: If it does still work, what could I say when I call them up? I dont want to complain and *****, but is there any other way?
    07-18-2011 09:51 PM
    Will the BOGO offer stand even tho I used my new every 2 upgrade for the d3?
    Edit: If it does still work, what could I say when I call them up? I dont want to complain and *****, but is there any other way?
    Albert, I used my new every two to get my Droid 3. I went in today to complain about the heat issue, and then asked a salesperson if I could still get in on the BOGO deal. he said most definitely. So, one of my friends is going to get a free Droid 3 out of the deal.

Its pretty obvious what they are trying to do here - they want more contracts signed! So, I'm sure they'll be thrilled to make the deal for you.

Don't worry about it. Just go ahead and ask.

And good luck!
    07-18-2011 11:03 PM
    A couple years ago I was able to get a second BB Storm when I'd had my firs tone for over a month by calling CS and asking. As was stated earlier in the thread they make the money on the contracts not the phones themselves.
    07-18-2011 11:45 PM
    Can the BOGO offer be used to say one friend buys a droid 3 for his account and then the free droid 3 goes to another account? Both accounts are due upgrades.
    07-20-2011 02:06 AM
    Can the BOGO offer be used to say one friend buys a droid 3 for his account and then the free droid 3 goes to another account? Both accounts are due upgrades.
    This came up quite a bit with the Storm when it was BOGO. You can upgrade two different lines of the same account or add additional lines but they must be int he same Verizon account. So the answer to your question is NO.
    07-20-2011 02:10 AM
    my local vzw advised me the existing second line must be upgrade-eligible to get the bogo. I was kinda bummed.
    07-20-2011 06:08 PM
    my local vzw advised me the existing second line must be upgrade-eligible to get the bogo. I was kinda bummed.
    That was to be expected.
    07-20-2011 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD