DROID 3 Overview

akronevan2

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
At first I was disappointed with the pentile display, but everything else about the phone was great. Since then, I have decided that the trade off of screen quality for battery power was a good thing. I really enjoy the efficiency of the battery and the ui, and style of the phone is very refined.

just1083

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Love the device itself, but I'm not too thrilled about the battery life i've been getting so far. Network set to cdma, brightness all the way down. 1 hour off charge and i'm at 85% with little to no use.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm growing to like it more each day. The screen is fine, with added bonus that I can read it in the sun with polarized sunglasses on.

The keyboard is tits.

The thing runs fine and the moto skin is nonintrusive.

So far battery life has been great.

Google Talk and Netflix HD are obvious missing features.

-Suntan

darkmatter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Despite all the flack moto gets over the pentile screen, I think it was a smart move. Rather than falling behind in leading edge technology (superamoled + hyper mega hd etc) I think they've remembered what these things are...phones. Phones are supposed to last a day, and be usable outside.

I'm loving not having to worry about charging my phone at some point throughout the day, and I work outside (in the desert), so being able to see the screen without having to find shade is nice.

The display is consistently one of the lowest resources using the battery.
IMG_20110717_211736.jpg

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I think the PenTile screen on the D3 is the perfect balance between visual quality, usability and battery use. If the power consumption was only marginally better than a traditional RGB stripe screen, I might feel differently about the trade-off, but the power savin is so great, that it is well worth the marginal loss of sharpness.

-SR-

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Despite all the flack moto gets over the pentile screen, I think it was a smart move. Rather than falling behind in leading edge technology (superamoled + hyper mega hd etc) I think they've remembered what these things are...phones. Phones are supposed to last a day, and be usable outside.

I'm loving not having to worry about charging my phone at some point throughout the day, and I work outside (in the desert), so being able to see the screen without having to find shade is nice.

The display is consistently one of the lowest resources using the battery.

Yeah, I took a pic with my Storm 2 of the wifes D3 and here is her battery usage at 14hrs. She is floating 70% batt in this photo. I agree screen is lowest % but it is actually set to Auto so it fluxuates throughout the day but it stays low.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463