...It rebooted my phone.

Anyone else have better luck?

-Suntan
    07-20-2011 07:30 AM
    No. Sucks.
    07-20-2011 08:26 AM
    Same here. I just installed the "officially supported" Netflix app. I tried to play a movie on it (over WiFi) and simply gave me a green staticy screen for a second or two and then the phone rebooted.

-SR-
    07-20-2011 08:42 AM
    Same here. I just installed the "officially supported" Netflix app. I tried to play a movie on it (over WiFi) and simply gave me a green staticy screen for a second or two and then the phone rebooted.

-SR-
    exact same for me. i've been reading the same exact thing in other forums too. so far i haven't seen anyone who's been able to get it work on the d3. nice work netflix...
    07-20-2011 09:18 AM
    Oh that’s the new Netflix “HD” that the D3 supports. HarD reset.

-Suntan
    07-20-2011 10:39 AM
    Surprised you weren't able to get that to work, Suntan.

With all your expertise in physics and thermodynamics, I would have thought it would be easy for you.
    07-20-2011 10:46 AM
    Surprised you weren't able to get that to work, Suntan.

With all your expertise in physics and thermodynamics, I would have thought it would be easy for you.
    What are you talking about?

-Suntan
    07-20-2011 11:16 AM
    From reading the comments, it looks like the app is the wrong version #. Im sure they will update it shortly.
    07-20-2011 11:41 AM
    What are you talking about?

-Suntan

Sorry for being obtuse!

I was just teasing you. It was a fun poke at your somewhat silly post in the thread about the Droid 3 running warm, where you denounced armchair physicists for not understanding the thermodynamics of the Droid 3.

In any case, I'm a little surprised that Netflix released such a buggy product. They seem to be very focused on having a stable client running on every platform possible. But, I don't there first releases on some of the game consoles had a way to go too. I have a PS3 which I almost never use, and I remember in the first generation of the Netflix client, it needed a DVD in the console to work. They they went through several iterations, increasing stability and features each time. I know it has been a wait, but I'm betting that Netflix is singing along on the Droid platforms before long. They'll probably be particularly invested in the Xoom, and similar products.
    07-20-2011 12:14 PM
    I just updated to the "new, new" update they just put out and it works now. Not only does it work, but it works brilliantly. Over WiFi, the resolution was terrific. Motion and everything looked great. As I understand it, DRM material can't be mirrored over the HDMI connection. Does that mean that you can't stream a Netflix movie on the D3 and then mirror it to an HDTV? If that's so, that would be a shame, because this phone certainly has the horsepower for it.

-SR-
    albertgeorge likes this.
    07-20-2011 01:42 PM
    Right, well ha. Ha. Next time, please carry the (week old) grudge over to a PM as not to derail conversations that have nothing to do with your old posts.

Back on topic, I updated to the “correct” version they intended to post earlier this morning and now Netflix runs fairly well. Although I would venture to say that it is not the “HD” version they have been discussing about for OMAP support. Even on a fast wifi connection the picture quality is decidedly non-HD.

-Suntan
    07-20-2011 01:43 PM
    Right, well ha. Ha. Next time, please carry the (week old) grudge over to a PM as not to derail conversations that have nothing to do with your old posts.

Back on topic, I updated to the “correct” version they intended to post earlier this morning and now Netflix runs fairly well. Although I would venture to say that it is not the “HD” version they have been discussing about for OMAP support. Even on a fast wifi connection the picture quality is decidedly non-HD.

-Suntan
    The stream I tried started out rather blocky at first (maybe for about 30 seconds or so), but then it became as clear as could be and I was pretty impressed with it... all over WiFi, of course.

-SR-
    07-20-2011 02:00 PM
    I can't figure out what's wrong with mine. The app loads, the video screen pops up but it won't advance past 0:00. I tries hitting pause/play a few times to kick start it, but to no avail. I dragged the time line forward, I get a buffering notification, then it just sits there again and won't start. (I'm on Wi-Fi).
    Any one else having this issue, or as usual is it just me?
    07-20-2011 03:24 PM
    Winning! Tiger Blood!
    07-20-2011 04:00 PM
    Works perfectly on wifes D3. Just installed it 5 minutes ago and watched Top Gear. Very cool. Can't wait to use it on Bionic when it releases.
    07-20-2011 04:05 PM
    Just installed this app and it seems to be working great on wifi...and much better than I would have suspected on 3G.
    robyn25 likes this.
    07-20-2011 06:26 PM
    Just installed this app and it seems to be working great on wifi...and much better than I would have suspected on 3G.
    I agree, I was shocked at the quality on 3g!
    manic_dragon likes this.
    07-21-2011 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD