Hello all. I just received my D3 in the mail today. I've had my OD for nearly two years and it was finally time for an upgrade. Super excited!

I have two quick questions. It looks as if the D3 didn't come with a SD card. Is that normal?

2.) Should I wipe my SD card from my OD before putting it in the D3?

Thank you!!
    07-20-2011 11:59 AM
    Hello all. I just received my D3 in the mail today. I've had my OD for nearly two years and it was finally time for an upgrade. Super excited!

I have two quick questions. It looks as if the D3 didn't come with a SD card. Is that normal?

2.) Should I wipe my SD card from my OD before putting it in the D3?

Thank you!!
    That's normal. The D3 has roughly 11GB available onboard for local use. So it didn't come with an SD card.

I don't know if it matters to reformat or not, but I would suggest popping the SD card in before snapping the back cover on because that cover is a mother to get back off!

-Suntan
    07-20-2011 12:06 PM
    That's normal. The D3 has roughly 11GB available onboard for local use. So it didn't come with an SD card.

I don't know if it matters to reformat or not, but I would suggest popping the SD card in before snapping the back cover on because that cover is a mother to get back off!

-Suntan
    I KNOW RIGHT!? Why couldnt they ****ing bring back the old droid covers you just pull down. Made life so much easier.
    07-20-2011 12:33 PM
    There is a little trick to getting the back cover off easier...

Assuming you are right handed, old the phone face-down in your left hand, push in and up on the middle of the battery cover just next to where the camera bump is and, while doing this, use your middle finger to pull back on the top of the battery cover (where the little opening slot is next to the screen lock button). If you did it correctly, you'll hear one of the "hooks" snap loose from the back of the phone housing. On my phone, it is always the one on the camera side that comes loose first. After that, just use your fingernail to pry at the top of the other (non-camera-side) corner and it's "hook" will then come loose. Now you can just peel away the battery cover.

Hope that helps.

-SR-
    07-20-2011 01:48 PM
    I just swapped the card over (from a D2G) and changed the setting under Settings > Storage > Storage Location to SD card and I was set.
    07-20-2011 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD