Bugs etc. - list them here

phalconmojo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
well, i went thru 2 different droid 3s with the same problems (deleting mp3s, pics, contacts, files, etc.). So i finally said screw it and went with a Droid Charge. Too bad... I really liked the Droid 3 too.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
what if we used a alternate launcher like launcher pro or adw? would that stop the redraw?

I had this problem a lot when I used an active wallpaper. I downloaded that neat Captain America wallpaper from the market and got frequent redraws. I haven't had a problem since I went to a static wallpaper.

I wonder if it is more of problem with some backgrounds than others?

kingsden

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm super excited about this phone and have found a few things that I noticed that just don't seem quite right yet. Maybe we can get a little feedback from the community on these issues to see if others are experiencing the same, and to collect a list of things we'd like to see improved in the first update to our new device.

Here's a few things I've noticed since having the phone for a few days now.

1. Lag when adjusting the phone from portrait to landscape and visa versa. I would think with all the processing power that this would be instant. It could be due to a physical limitation of the sensor as well... anyone with knowledge on this available to chime in?

2. Quick Contacts - I added a quick contact and for some reason it wasnt retrieving the correct info for that particular contact. Instead, it was return data regarding another contact with the same first name. Long story short, I had to delete the contact with the data that I didn't want, and then rename and reload the contact that I wanted in that particular spot. Seems to work ok now, but still kinda odd that this happened.

On a side note, I have the car dock which works flawlessly with the phone, however when I installed a verizon branded hard case (which is supposed to be compatible with the car dock) the dock doesn't seem to receive the phone as well anymore and requires a little fidgeting to get the phone into car dock mode.
I too have had problems... browser app randomly crashes, and a green screen comes up when I try to watch videos! :O

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone's screen creaks when pressing the buttons at the bottom of the screen? It seems like the sliding screen has gotten looser and looser over the past couple of weeks that now when pressing the buttons (menu, home, back, search) the phone creaks. If this is normal, then I'm ok with it. But I'd like to know if there could be something wrong with it. It also seems like it slides really easy now. As in, I'll pull it out of my pocket and it will partially slide open.

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I have had a few instances where my GPS will not initialize when opening a GPS-dependent app (like a Weather app or Google Maps). In all cases, the only way to get the GPS to start working again is to turn the phone off and back on. I have tried toggling airplane mode and also tried force closing the app and restarting it, but that hasn't worked. Toggling GPS off/on by itself might work, but I haven't tried it yet, frankly, because I couldn't find the option in the settings menu (it don't think it is in the same place as stock Android, but it's probably in there somewhere). I know I can add the power widget to a home screen to do that, but didn't really want to add the whole thing just for GPS toggling.

-SR-

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have had a few instances where my GPS will not initialize when opening a GPS-dependent app (like a Weather app or Google Maps). In all cases, the only way to get the GPS to start working again is to turn the phone off and back on. I have tried toggling airplane mode and also tried force closing the app and restarting it, but that hasn't worked. Toggling GPS off/on by itself might work, but I haven't tried it yet, frankly, because I couldn't find the option in the settings menu (it don't think it is in the same place as stock Android, but it's probably in there somewhere). I know I can add the power widget to a home screen to do that, but didn't really want to add the whole thing just for GPS toggling.

-SR-

There is a widget that toggle on/off gps.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

akronevan2

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I noticed today that I had too many running services. The RAM on my device is 335MB and my phone is using 270MB with 65MB free. This makes it run slow and I have no idea why so much is running. It is very frustrating!!

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I noticed today that I had too many running services. The RAM on my device is 335MB and my phone is using 270MB with 65MB free. This makes it run slow and I have no idea why so much is running. It is very frustrating!!

I recommend opening Task Manager and enabling alerts for apps that consume to much resources in the settings.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Major battery drain on. My phone it drained from 90% to 20% in less than three hours with almost no use think the screen on time was 15min going to give VZW a call when I get off of work

jkmasi

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Picked up a D3 for my wife. (I have a Thunderbolt.) Some of the D3 touchscreen buttons are considerably less responsive than my TB, especially the back and home buttons. She has to tap them several times quite often before they'll respond. Is this common?

I've noticed this too. It's like I have to ask twice before I get a response. Very annoying. My Inc 2 is MUCH more responsive.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If I search from the Home Screen it always tries to force close... =0( this happened on my D2G too.

If I use the magnifying glass from the homescreen it runs really slow, but it did this on my DX as well, so I don't know if it's a bug with THIS phone, or a bug in Blur (or PhilBlur).

The only other issue I'm having right now is not really a bug, but more cosmetic/hardware. My power/lock button sticks a little and is sometimes hard to press, especially if you try to press it while the phone is still laying down. Anyone else have an issue with this?

tkong

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my second Droid 3 as of last night. I bought the first (on upgrade from a Droid X on Saturday, Aug 13). The camera/camcorder on the first would open but then quickly force close and crash my phone in that order. Sometimes when I engage the camera or camcorder app, my phone would just freeze up and I would have to perform a batt pull. I did a hard reset of my original Droid 3 and did not allow it to reload all the apps I had. It worked until I opened the camera and it force closed then locked up my phone. I pulled the batt and turned it back on then it shut itself down. I took it back to the store and swapped for another Droid 3.

E_Will

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
when I make a phonecall my screen turn off. Even when I'm on speaker phone and holding it in my hands... I think I'm going for and exchange for another d3.

So it turns out this was caused by the screen protector. I was able to download a proximity sensor detector app off the market and I could make it react with a clear piece of plastic. so I trimmed a new sheet and now PRESTO Phone Fixed!!!!

Yay Bug Gone (if that could even be considered a bug) although my wifes D3 wasn't trimmed and works just fine, perhaps some of the sensors are just more sensitive than others...

yogi1574

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok newbie on Android here and we have 4 Droid3 got with upgrades, id been dying for a Droid with a decent keyboard that could rival my good ole LG Env3 which had a fantastic one and im so far pretty happy.
Now to my question basically when i search contacts it seems to only go to this one name, says i type sara and 2 come up so i click on sara #2 but it always goes to sara #1 is this just something random or should i take the phone back and get it replaces?? its brand new less than a week old right now.
gonna check back but if someone can email me at yogi_is_one@yahoo.com id appreciate it very much!!

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site

-SR-

FYI, I figured out how to fix this issue, I think. Once I discovered and turned off the "VZW location services" option in the "Location & Security" settings, the GPS comes on every time it is supposed to. So far so good. It's been several days now without an issue. Before the change, the GPS would stop responding on a daily basis and would require me to reboot the phone to get it back (not even turning the GPS off/on would work).

-SR-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech