anyone take advantage of the BOGO deal?

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I called Verizon to day to see if i could upgrade with the bogo deal since I have one line eligible now and my other line is eligible on 10/9 ( two months out) and they said NO. You can only do one phone. Amazing what 20 years of loyalty gets you with Verizon.... Nothing at all. Has anyone been able to get upgraded early?

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I just got off the phone with another Verizon rep and things went much better this time around. She upgraded both my lines with the new Droid 3 with the bigoted deal. So now I should be receiving. My two new droids on Wednesday and I only had to pay $169.99 because of my $30.00 upgrade discount. I checked some local stores today and none of them had any because they were backordered. The rep on the phone said she could see over 23k in stock. I guess it helps to talk to the right rep.

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
We were in the same boat after 11 years of VZW service and I have benn a data plan and smartphone user since treo600.

we threatened with paying off the $400 in ETFs and going to Sprint if they didnt let me pay $478 and get the BoGo deal - they said no. Then 24 hours latter a Supervisor called me and let me do the $199 BoGo.

I know that if you ever want to get something done with VZW, do the research and come with the very real threat of leaving, but make sure you have actually done your reasearch because they ask questions to make sure you are not bluffing.

yogi1574

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
We were in the same boat after 11 years of VZW service and I have benn a data plan and smartphone user since treo600.

we threatened with paying off the $400 in ETFs and going to Sprint if they didnt let me pay $478 and get the BoGo deal - they said no. Then 24 hours latter a Supervisor called me and let me do the $199 BoGo.

I know that if you ever want to get something done with VZW, do the research and come with the very real threat of leaving, but make sure you have actually done your reasearch because they ask questions to make sure you are not bluffing.
Bought 4 of them today, had 2 lines eligible including a New every2 and 2 lines that had upgrades coming up 1 in august 1 in sept, they let me upgrade them all at once!! first time and first rep i called. it really does matter which rep you end up getting as most of the time they are allowed to move upgrades if its within 2 months.
this is a great deal as im getting 4 of them for under $400 total.

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
My boyfriend and I were having the same issue upgrading from our BB 9650. I ended up going in to the store and speaking with the one of the reps there. The reps on the phones were giving me the runaraound but Andy in the store was awesome and took care of us!!

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it all depends on the rep. The VZW policy for BoGo is only if two lines are eligible for an upgrade. If only one line is eligible you only get one phone. That's how the policy reads anyway.

diggy15

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I just got ours last week. The store rep had to order them from another store because of the back order and after our discounts we got them for 58 dollars total.

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I was expecting my two phone today and didn't see them so I called Verizon and it turns out the 23k phones I was told they had were "virtual inventory" and I was told incorrectly that my phones were on their way. Now I'm told I won't see them until the 16th. I am still happy that I was able to upgrade one line two months early but I want my phone. I think they should give me a deal on some accessories for lying to me :)

yogi1574

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got my phone this friday we got 4 of them but im the only one using it as of right now, question if i can not sure if anyone is still reading this thread but figured id ask anyway, cant seem to find a basic screen protector without having to spend a ton (ebay is a wreck if you try searching for this phone stuff) i want a privacy one with matte finish but cant seem to find one at all any help is appreciated (email me at yogi_is_one@yahoo.com) thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084