I think the new MotoGo company ensures unlocked bootloaders!

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Dang I am excited for what will happen for this phone now that Google owns Moto. I hope that means root is coming, unlocked bootloaders are coming and that ICS will be quick!

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Ummm?

You do realize that google won?t ?own? Moto for at least another 4 to 6 months at the very earliest. That is assuming the Feds have no issue with this, and everything goes through as planned.

Even after that, it might take some time for changes to take effect. Also, add in the fact that google didn?t just offer to buy Verizon. There is still an important gatekeeper in the loop here.

This probably isn?t a ?bad? thing to happen for us D3 owners. But at the same time, I wouldn?t expect great things to happen overnight.

-Suntan

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
"Motorola
Thank you for the well wishes! It's been an amazing day for us. We are excited about our partnership with Google, along with the amazing products and experiences we continue to create for you. Stay tuned for more updates."

The Moto FB page makes it seem like Google people are already treating this as a done deal. I wouldn't be surprised if Google is already affecting their in house decisions a la Skype/Microsoft.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
"Motorola
Thank you for the well wishes! It's been an amazing day for us. We are excited about our partnership with Google, along with the amazing products and experiences we continue to create for you. Stay tuned for more updates."

The Moto FB page makes it seem like Google people are already treating this as a done deal. I wouldn't be surprised if Google is already affecting their in house decisions a la Skype/Microsoft.

Feel free to think that way. I?ve been through a couple large scale acquisitions myself. The spin doctors make comments that Wall Street likes to hear almost immediately. Months to years later the changes actually trickle down to the low level employees doing the work.

Perhaps Google culture is different, but in talking with some former colleagues that used to work at Motorola, they are still plenty old school in their culture there.

-Suntan