Does anyone else have an issue with their Droid 3 touchscreen getting very inaccurate when the device is plugged in? It only happens when I have the phone plugged into a power outlet - but the touch screen, especially on the portrait keyboard, starts to get ultra sensitive, I would hit a key once and it would register twice, I would hit the spacebar and the phone would insert a space but also register touches on the p and l keys...
    08-18-2011 04:37 PM
    I have this issue aswell as others mentioned in this forum.
    08-19-2011 09:31 AM
    I've had this problem without the phone being charrged up.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    08-19-2011 01:21 PM
    I had this problem with my OG Droid. It was because I was using a third party charger. I found a thread somewhere that it was because the other charger was not putting out the exact right amount of power. It never seemed to do any damage, but as soon as I switched chargers, it was fine.

Could that be true for the D3 as well?
    08-19-2011 03:29 PM
    I had this problem with my OG Droid. It was because I was using a third party charger. I found a thread somewhere that it was because the other charger was not putting out the exact right amount of power. It never seemed to do any damage, but as soon as I switched chargers, it was fine.

Could that be true for the D3 as well?
    I have the problem on the D3 that when it's charging the touchscreen sucks but I am using the charger that Verizon sent me when I bought the phone so I'm not sure if the switch will work for that.

Any clue on why this is happening?
    08-22-2011 10:06 AM
    I think it might be a combination of factors that makes this happen, but it seems to be some sort of "noise" that comes from the charging source. With the OG Droid, when it happened, it was quite bad. I couldn't control the phone really at all when it was plugged into a particular outlet in my home office. It didn't matter if I used the provided Moto charger or a third party (or even Blackberry) charger. I could even get the same effect if I plugged it into the USB port of my computer or laptop that were being powered off of the same outlet. If I plugged it into a different outlet (even in the same room), everything was fine.

Here at work, I have found that my D3 (and my OG Droid before it) shows the same condition when charging directly from the wall outlet in my cubicle (using the supplied Moto charging brick and cord), but has no trouble if I charge it through my work computer (which, it is actually plugged into a USB hubbed built into one of the monitors). At my previous cubicle, the OG Droid could charge from either the computer or the wall outlet without any trouble (I didn't have the D3 when I sat there).

The D3 seems much less sensitive to this than my OG Droid did, but it still happens, just not at jittery.

-SR-
    08-22-2011 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD