droid 3 random restarts and power on

houseofgrafx

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Either my droid 3 is possessed or there is a glitch of some sort. The phone turns itself on a few swconds after I turn it off. Nothing like turning your phone off in a meeting and hearing DROOIIDDDDD a few seconds later....lol
I've noticed random restarts as well. Anyone else have any similar issues with their D3?

lgGslateuser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me just today at work for the first time. I turned the phone off because my battery was low and then maybe a minute or two later I see the phone light up and then I hear the Droid.... I'm thinking wtf? And turned it off again.

badchris30

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Either my droid 3 is possessed or there is a glitch of some sort. The phone turns itself on a few swconds after I turn it off. Nothing like turning your phone off in a meeting and hearing DROOIIDDDDD a few seconds later....lol
I've noticed random restarts as well. Anyone else have any similar issues with their D3?
yes mate i am having the same problem with my droid 3

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm speculating that the auto-power-on has something to do with an alarm being set, at least for my phone. It makes sense to me because the D3 seems to be mainly for business types as evidenced by the lack of dev support for games. Did anyone who got an auto-power-on by any chance have an alarm set like I did when my D3 "became concious?"

As for the random reboot issue, I speculate that it's due to low RAM caused by poor memory allocation. Users who allegedly installed the leaked update said that they haven't had the problem since installing it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
After I moved all of my apps from Media Area to Phone under Manage Apps, I've had no problems.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol