Droid 3 help

razoo

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The wife and I have just received our 1st smartphones, the Droid 3. Is there someplace or somebody that cam help us set the phones up? We will not need work things but would like them for social networking, email, etc. I want to make sure the proper apps? widgets? etc. are set up and turn or eliminate ones we would not use. Looking for the longest battery life and easiest use for us "smart phone illiterate" people. I keep reading about rooting, motoblur, etc. and have no idea about any of this stuff.Any help or info will be appreciated. Thanks.

SellnCLT85

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
First off, welcome to the Android community. You asked a series of broad questions. There is no right answer. Androids are completely customizable and I promise you no two devices are the same. It's really a matter of personal preference. I agree with DINGSTER, spend a little time browsing this site. Androidcentral is one of the best sites out there for android newbies. I think you would find alot of your answers you are looking for in "Android Applications. "

Last edited:

razoo

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. I posted twice by mistake so others have also been giving me the same advice. My problem is that I am not that literate about all the jargon and not sure what this phone can and cannot. Right now I can answer calls and surf the internet but things like trying to delete pics in the gallery that were loaded from facebook by someone else's posting, but not in my personal gallery, is making me a little crazy. I am sure I will learn as time goes on but for now it is sort of overwhelming. Thanks for the advice.