Switching back to Android from BB Bold 9930

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the original Droid and switched to an iPhone 4 that was okay, but not great for me anyway. Having been a Blackberry guy from way back I switched and tried the Bold 9930 for the last month and it's a pretty good phone with a great keyboard. My main issue with it is that the sound quality is really bad for the other person I am talking to. I also miss the apps. I know what I am getting with Android apps and the UI and I am good with that. It's the reason I am looking at Android and not iPhone. My question is about call quality. How is it on the Droid 3? It was great on my original Droid.

I am not interested in 4G just yet so I am thinking that the D3 is my best option, but I want to make sure call quality is still good. Can anyone let me know if that is the case?

Thank you for your help.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey cwbcpa - I have owned every Android phone on Verizon and I can say hands down that the Droid 3 is the best over all phone they have.

Great sound quality - I use it on all of my business call and the speaker for hands free is very good
Solid build
Fast
Very Good keyboard
Good camera but it does take a while for the app to launch and the shutter speed for the 1st picture is slow
Very Good battery Life

I was holding out for the Bionic and actually got it and returned because the screen was so bad...random pixelation that drew my eye to it...

You will not be disappointed.

Reactions: cwbcpa

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I have no complaints really. Kinda sucks camera is kinda slow to first start up, but hope to be fixed on next update.

Reactions: cwbcpa

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey cwbcpa - I have owned every Android phone on Verizon and I can say hands down that the Droid 3 is the best over all phone they have.

Great sound quality - I use it on all of my business call and the speaker for hands free is very good
Solid build
Fast
Very Good keyboard
Good camera but it does take a while for the app to launch and the shutter speed for the 1st picture is slow
Very Good battery Life

I was holding out for the Bionic and actually got it and returned because the screen was so bad...random pixelation that drew my eye to it...

You will not be disappointed.

So you would recommend the Droid 3 over the Bionic? 4G LTE is not fully rolled out in my area. I was thinking that the Bionic was not worth the extra $100. Would you agree with that? Thank you for your response. I appreciate the input.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
So you would recommend the Droid 3 over the Bionic? 4G LTE is not fully rolled out in my area. I was thinking that the Bionic was not worth the extra $100. Would you agree with that? Thank you for your response. I appreciate the input.

It is hard for me to recommend the Bionic as I returned mine. The phone is great and you will have to check it out for your self, but the screen did it in for me.

My recommendations:

So if you need a physical keyboard - Droid 3

If you do not need a physical keyboard and can not wait - Bionic

If you can wait 1 month - Look at the Vigor by HTC

if is not what you need wait 2 months -Nexus Prime

I do not know your situation, if you are in the 14 day window for returning your BB than you can't wait; get the Bionic, it worth the 100 dollars more. If you are not in a 14 day return window and are using your upgrade, trade your BB for a droid 3 on craigslist with some cash so that you may hold out for something better.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for all the comments. I am selling my BB on Ebay. They are selling for well more than I need for either the Droid 3 or the Droid Bionic since I am using an upgrade to get that phone. So it's not that the $100 is really an issue as much as I still don't want to spend it unless it is really worth it. I am going to spend some time in the store with both phones and make a decision next week. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12