Camera/storage issues?

nathanb131

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
So I've had two glitches in my D3 and maybe they are related. Wondering if anyone has seen this.

1. My camera doesn't save photos consistently. Sometimes I will take a pic or video and it snaps the pic and shows the little thumbnail of it in the upper left. Then when I tap on that to view it, very often nothing will be there (then looking further always indicates that the pic just never saved). This doesn't happen all the time, but often enough to force me to double-check if it saved after every single pic. Annoying. Also the camera is pretty glitchy where it will cause the phone to reset fairly often.

2. I've recently noticed some music (plain mp3's) just disappeared off the memory card. Strange thing is that other programs still seem to have their data operable from the card, including Rhapsody's music files.

After the music files disappeared it occurred to me that my SD card might be bad. Hopefully that would explain the camera nonsense and that the camera isn't really THAT bad! However, I've never seen any error message related to reading or writing to the card. Any ideas?

nathanb131

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
So I bought the Camera Zoom FX app. Took me a while because $5 is expensive for an app with no free trial version. Seems to have solved my issues with the camera. It now has way less lag in opening the camera and taking pictures is much better.

I ran some tests on my memory card (speed tests) which would say if it has read-writing inconsistencies and it flew through them just fine. So I'm pretty sure my camera issues were software-related. It's so strange to have so many problems with it taking pics and saving pics and also being unstable as an app itself. I've had many lesser phones that never gave me any camera trouble... My last straw was taking a pic yesterday, which actually saved to the gallery (yay!), but when I went to open it I just see 'invalid format'... Far from the first time that happened. Have taken like 20 pics so far with Camera Zoom.... no crashes, no freezes, no bad format saves, all saved correctly.... With the default camera app, I would have expected a minimum of 4 glitches out of those 20 pics.

Epic fail on an otherwise great phone. Just an fyi for anyone else frustrated. I tried the camera 360 app at first (free version). Seemed slow and glitchy to me. Camera Zoom FX has now given me back that basic functionality of a camera on my smartphone that 'just works'. Motorolla should just give us poor victims of their camera fail vouchers to install Camera Zoom for now on. If they haven't cracked this nut by now it's just something they should give up on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995