Droid 3 sending text messages as SYMBOLS? Help!

girlinthesw

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I got my D2 Global in February, and was very pleased with it. It and I were good friends, until I dropped yesterday morning..and the faceplate just shattered.

Went to the Verizon store and got the Droid 3. Everything seemed well and good til I started trying to send and receive my first few text messages on it last night. The first few were soley text letters, so they went through just fine. But then I sent him a text and at the end I put :"''''''(

He got it and said the ENTIRE TEXT WAS SYMBOLS! !!!! I was mortified. I text him more than ANY other person,and the thought that he might not be able to read my text messages reaaaally upsets me. I sent the same text over and over, and each time it came through to him as symbols. then I forwared it, and took the :"""""""( off the end, and STILL it was all symbols! I finally gave up on that particular message and moved on. Now Im terrified to send him all the little XD ^_^ :* >.< things i like to do. :mad:

Any tips on how to fix this? DO THEY ALL DO THIS? Or did I get a defective phone? :':)mad:

The Droid Shnoid

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Try a reset if you haven't already.

Have you tried a 3rd party app (Go, Handcent, or Chomp) to see if it happens then as well?

Try short tests after the reset and trying 3rd party apps. If it continues to happen, contact Verizon and see if they have any answers for you.

girlinthesw

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's funny..because right after posting this..my phone got this "red x" icon--saying "text message not received"--i went and looked and looked like it was trying to download like a pic message, but couldnt. I tried and tried again and it kept saying "message not available."
So it turns out..last night, he sent me TWO pictures, and the phone immeaditly decided it didnt want to receive one, never told me about it, and kept it til spitting that message at me this afternoon.
Also..someone sent me a text, and I didnt get it til 4 am.

I just now tried to go on the internet on the phone, and it doesnt want to. I have taken the battery out.

Does it sound like I just got a lemon and can I just go back and exchange it? IM BUMMED :'( My D2 Global never would have done this to me!!!!