Straight Talk Sim issues

mobile_phreak

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Got a straight talk sim and a card for a month unlimited everything. Put sim into unlocked droid 3 and get "invalid sim" or "gsm/umts networks found" when I put it in gsm mode. I created an APN just like it said to do on straight talk's site. I've done battery pulls, airplane mode, even wedging a piece of paper on top of the sim card to make it fit more snugly. What am I doing wrong? Also I don't know if it's relevant, but the sim card came in cheap straight talk phone I bought and I activated the sim in it first.

trogdor2012

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
It takes more than changing the APN to work on straight talk. You have to be rooted, flash a new radio and change the build.prop as well. Instructions can be found here on xda Guide - Unlock XT862 for T-mobile/ATT - xda-developers I am currently using Straight Talk on my Droid 3 so I am 100% positive this works. Also, be aware that Straight Talk is rather stringent on how you use their services. Unlimited extends to web only (no streaming audio or video) and what they mean by unlimited is really 100mb/day 2gb/month rule of thumb. Read #6 on their ToS very carefully.

Last edited:

Ferreel

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
It takes more than changing the APN to work on straight talk. You have to be rooted, flash a new radio and change the build.prop as well. Instructions can be found here on xda Guide - Unlock XT862 for T-mobile/ATT - xda-developers I am currently using Straight Talk on my Droid 3 so I am 100% positive this works. Also, be aware that Straight Talk is rather stringent on how you use their services. Unlimited extends to web only (no streaming audio or video) and what they mean by unlimited is really 100mb/day 2gb/month rule of thumb. Read #6 on their ToS very carefully.

Hi, I went to the link and I'm a bit confused about steps 1 and 3. I currently have a droid 2 and may possibly look to get a droid 3 to use for Straight Talk. I wanted to know if you could put together a step by step process for unlocking the Droid 2/3 for use on Straight Talk I would greatly appreciate it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670