Droid 3 Stuck On Dual Core Screen?

boovish

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I just happened out of no where. Tried to unlock it, but the screen stayed off, so I pulled the battery, and rebooted. It just stayed on the Dual Core thing.:(

boovish

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I did this, but opening the keyboard gives me the black screen, but it still responds to touch. Could it be the screen?

Bryan Cox1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
i have a droid 3 and it stays on screen with motorloa dual core tecnology screen. i have tried hard reset, factory reset, and wipe cache and partition. i can not get it to boot in safe mode.. can some one please help??

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I did this, but opening the keyboard gives me the black screen, but it still responds to touch. Could it be the screen?

It actually sounds like a cable. The screen flex cable can break and the display shutting down when you slide open the keyboard is a strong symptom of that.

i have a droid 3 and it stays on screen with motorloa dual core tecnology screen. i have tried hard reset, factory reset, and wipe cache and partition. i can not get it to boot in safe mode.. can some one please help??

Was the Droid 3 ever rooted?

It's possible that it failed. If you can get the phone to boot in Fastboot, you can try using RSD Lite to install the FXZ.

Is this a Verizon Droid 3 (XT862)?

boovish

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
No, I didn't root it because I am a N00b, and yes it is the Verizon DROID 3. Because I believe in contracts, not this BS with the "No Contract" you still end up paying all that money for it

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
No, I didn't root it because I am a N00b, and yes it is the Verizon DROID 3. Because I believe in contracts, not this BS with the "No Contract" you still end up paying all that money for it

I'd say that your best bet is to try using the Windows application RSD Lite to try to restore the Droid 3 to factory condition.

Use sd_shadow has a great Google Doc about this here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...AeQXxSkaLPlBAAw/edit#bookmark=id.77zigoazhz70

The instructions say to download the XML file from this site: Droid-Developers SBF

For the Verizon D3, it's safest to use the third item in that list, build number 5.5.1_84_D3G-66_M2-10
Blur_Version.5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US

I think that sd_shadow's doc does a decent job explaining the process. Here is a link to explain how to boot the phone in Fastboot: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1suBx1DH7jWmHeM0mDerIStodDSgVAeQXxSkaLPlBAAw/edit#

I hope that works. Ask questions if there is something you don't understand. I have done this procedure before a few times - it worked for me, though my phone was not soft-bricked at the time. Still, I think that this is the best way to get to a known-good factory install. If it doesn't work, it's probably time to look for a new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza