I just happened out of no where. Tried to unlock it, but the screen stayed off, so I pulled the battery, and rebooted. It just stayed on the Dual Core thing.
    09-03-2013 04:54 PM
    Try booting into Safe Mode: knowledge_base - Verizon Wireless

Another thing to try is to boot into Recovery Mode and Wipe the Cache Partition. Follow the instructions in the lower half of this article, but make sure to select Wipe Cache Partition instead of Wipe Data/Factory Reset: knowledge_base - Verizon Wireless
    09-03-2013 06:15 PM
    I did this, but opening the keyboard gives me the black screen, but it still responds to touch. Could it be the screen?
    10-09-2013 08:03 PM
    i have a droid 3 and it stays on screen with motorloa dual core tecnology screen. i have tried hard reset, factory reset, and wipe cache and partition. i can not get it to boot in safe mode.. can some one please help??
    11-12-2013 03:25 AM
    I did this, but opening the keyboard gives me the black screen, but it still responds to touch. Could it be the screen?
    It actually sounds like a cable. The screen flex cable can break and the display shutting down when you slide open the keyboard is a strong symptom of that.

i have a droid 3 and it stays on screen with motorloa dual core tecnology screen. i have tried hard reset, factory reset, and wipe cache and partition. i can not get it to boot in safe mode.. can some one please help??
    Was the Droid 3 ever rooted?

It's possible that it failed. If you can get the phone to boot in Fastboot, you can try using RSD Lite to install the FXZ.

Is this a Verizon Droid 3 (XT862)?
    11-12-2013 09:06 PM
    No, I didn't root it because I am a N00b, and yes it is the Verizon DROID 3. Because I believe in contracts, not this BS with the "No Contract" you still end up paying all that money for it
    11-13-2013 05:20 PM
    No, I didn't root it because I am a N00b, and yes it is the Verizon DROID 3. Because I believe in contracts, not this BS with the "No Contract" you still end up paying all that money for it
    I'd say that your best bet is to try using the Windows application RSD Lite to try to restore the Droid 3 to factory condition.

Use sd_shadow has a great Google Doc about this here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...d.77zigoazhz70

The instructions say to download the XML file from this site: Droid-Developers SBF

For the Verizon D3, it's safest to use the third item in that list, build number 5.5.1_84_D3G-66_M2-10
    Blur_Version.5.7.906.XT862.Verizon.en.US

I think that sd_shadow's doc does a decent job explaining the process. Here is a link to explain how to boot the phone in Fastboot: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...aLPlBAAw/edit#

I hope that works. Ask questions if there is something you don't understand. I have done this procedure before a few times - it worked for me, though my phone was not soft-bricked at the time. Still, I think that this is the best way to get to a known-good factory install. If it doesn't work, it's probably time to look for a new phone.
    sd_shadow and boovish like this.
    11-14-2013 11:32 AM
    05-14-2015 10:25 AM