Any one interested in the Droid 3?

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

I got the Droid Incredible currently and love the phone.

Been really thinking of getting this phone as my next phone primary because it comes with a dual core processor (I hope it's a Nvidia Tegra 2 processor) and a physical slider keyboard.

Is any one else interested in getting this phone? Why?

Bigk

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am. Dual core and 4 row keyboard are tempting.

As long as it doesn?t dwarf the Dinc2 by too much, I?ll likely get it.

-Suntan

ArrTooDeeToo

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but only if it's as awesome as the OG Droid. Meaning only if it has an unlockable bootloader so I can ditch Blur for something more useful + remove bloatware.

kadaj21

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering it, but I'm also considering the Bionic too, for whenever it comes out. My main debates are between: 3G vs. 4G, Hardware Keyboard vs. Touchscreen, and Webtop.

I know my area (Toledo) won't probably get 4G till closer to the end of the year, and I'm not terribly worried about having 4G, since anything I do is more or less GPS, and the occasional surfing/youtube/etc, and I'm satisfied with 3G. BUT! What would definitely have me get the D3 is if they announce separate pricing for 3G/4G phones for the data packages.

At that point I might consider the DX/DX2 instead of the Bionic. But then again I'm not sure if I'm ready for the slate style phone. I have no problem typing relatively fast on my 2G iPod Touch, but it's difficult for me on the OG Droid. Although, my parents have EVOs and they enjoy them much, and haven't heard any griping about the keyboard.

The last thing for me to consider is the webtop application. I love the idea of it, although I'm not sure on how it works out in real life. I primarily use my laptop for web surfing, streaming, word processing and spreadsheets, with the occasional torrenting. So in that regard I'm ok, (except the torrenting, I don't think Android Market has any native software for that...yet (for free)).

I do love how both will be dual core, and likely qHD displays. Other things for me I guess if the above problems don't set me straight, will be included memory in the phone as well as the microsd's included (although I DO have my micro sd from my OG Droid ^^;; )

All I can say is good luck in deciding! I'll need it too!

djisia87

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I want one if better keyboard than D2G, better Specs ( dual core, more ram, internal memory...)processor and World phone.

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
2.3.4 if I remember correctly, it is currently with my account manager tonight. He is showing it to a client. Once I get it back i can confirm.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
2.3.4 if I remember correctly, it is currently with my account manager tonight. He is showing it to a client. Once I get it back i can confirm.

If it has 2.3.4 and supports google talk video that would be awsome. ...and support for a program that rhymes with "Metflix" would be sweet too.

-Suntan

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I have not had a chance to test out many apps on it. I am undecided on what to use, I have the Charge as my work device and the screen is hard to give up.

ravenlore

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, here's hoping I have my first Android device soon!

/will immediately start saving up for the LTE model, whenever it comes out

oh ok then

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The device I have looks just like the leaked videos. except for the numbers on the side of mine.

It looks like the keyboard has changed since the first pre-production photos of the phone leaked out. The number row is obviously different with a color change to highlight them.

Can you comment on if the keys on the keyboard are raised or flat? They look flat to me, like the keys on the front of the Droid X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835