Any one interested in the Droid 3?

darat532

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Droid 3

what did you find out about the OS on the phone. The original testing had 2.3.3 but Verizon internally is saying the phone will be launched with 2.2 Froyo. If this is the case I will not purchase another phone with an outdated OS installed in it.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
What version of MOTOBLUR it will have ?
The "3D" like the one on the new DROID BIONIC ? (the one in the leaked videos had a similar page indicators)
Or like the current one on the DROID X\X2 ?

smacyo137

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
If any of my posts helped please press the thanks button.
if you answer haha

but im like most others thinking 4g or not, slider or not
right now im thinking d3, bionic (pending reviews), or galaxy s 2 (who knows when thats coming out)

I was wondering how bulky the phone was, b/c when i watched the video i was surprised to see it look so big, i know with the 4" screen it will be bigger but is it too much?

any other slab phones anyone would recommend to get right now? b/c my dumb phone is almost dead and i can upgrade right now. Want the latest and long lasting b/c it will be another 2 years for a new phone

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering how bulky the phone was, b/c when i watched the video i was surprised to see it look so big, i know with the 4" screen it will be bigger but is it too much?

Not necessarily , 4" might be the perfect size
it looked kind big , but thiner than the Droid & the Droid 2 series

I guess we will have to wait & see it next to other phones (Droid 1 & 2)

double0droid

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
quick note on my lunch hr.

size is great, not too big not too small. it is about the same size as other 4" screens along with the same as other droids in thickness.

Also the UI is unlike any other Moto Droid.

Reactions: erhovie

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well from what Ive been googling, it appears the droid2 global is thinning out making its way for most likely this phone. If they are re-fashioning the OG Droid as the Droid3, after they have done a Droid X, Droid Pro Droid2 Global & Droid X2, they would be foolish to release this with 2.2 instead of 2.3 IMO. Even if it pushed the release date back a bit, it would be well worth the wait after what I've experienced so far on my X w GB. I just hope Verizon cools it on making Droids and brings out somethin fresh soon just to keep the deal they give us worth it all, whether u rock a Droid, non-Droid, Android device, iPho...wait no u dont rock those.

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Just becauase its a new version of an older, successful phone, doesnt make it boring. I think this phone is going to be excellent.

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So, after the Milestone 3 leak today what are everyone's thoughts on the specs? Any chance that the Droid 3 will differ in some respect to its GSM cousin? I am still holding judgment until the reviews come in, we get an official spec sheet release, and I can actually use one to test it out. I am a little disappointed with the specs on the Milestone 3 but until we can get the official spec sheet for the Droid branded version there may still be hope.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
So, after the Milestone 3 leak today what are everyone's thoughts on the specs? Any chance that the Droid 3 will differ in some respect to its GSM cousin? I am still holding judgment until the reviews come in, we get an official spec sheet release, and I can actually use one to test it out. I am a little disappointed with the specs on the Milestone 3 but until we can get the official spec sheet for the Droid branded version there may still be hope.

Probably , it won't be much different except for the CMDA part , unless they go global , like the Droid 2 Global , both CDMA & GSM
the Droid 3 gonna get the "Verzion apps" like the rest of the Carrier branded phones

You are right , we should wait for more informations ! official information

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I think that the Droid 3 is supposed to be a global device now that I think about it. Who knows, if it is to launch in the next few weeks we should be seeing more leaks and the official announcement should be soon as well. It's going to be interesting to see how Moto will play off the Droid 3 and the Bionic.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I think that the Droid 3 is supposed to be a global device now that I think about it. Who knows, if it is to launch in the next few weeks we should be seeing more leaks and the official announcement should be soon as well. It's going to be interesting to see how Moto will play off the Droid 3 and the Bionic.

Man , I hope so
If it was a Global phone , I might get the Droid 3 over the MileStone 3 (If the price is right)
The OG Droid always had a better support than the OG MileStone

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Should be getting some more leaks soon. If the launch is happening in the next month or so the leaks should be getting more frequent. Hopefully we get something new that we don't already know.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Should be getting some more leaks soon. If the launch is happening in the next month or so the leaks should be getting more frequent. Hopefully we get something new that we don't already know.

Man i hope so , We need to know more about it

but Motorola is good at keeping things on the down low (If they want to)
Remember the Droid Pro , that was a surprise , even though we got the name right , everything else was wrong
The same goes with the CLIQ2 , Droid Bionic (CES version) & the Atrix docks

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That's true. I have used Moto products from back in the early Nextel days and they have always come through when I needed them too. I love the build quality and incredible reception they have. Between this and the Bionic for me. Both have their pros and both have their cons.