Droid gets the good screen, again.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Droid 3 official in China under Milestone 3 moniker, packs 4-inch qHD display -- Engadget

I'm having a hard time figuring out why the Droid X/2 are basically built for media playback, and they get the 800 contrast ratio, but the OG Droid had 1400 and the Droid had 1700, and its clear this one has better screen, the color gammut. And it has the stupid businessman keyboard crap.

4.3 inch panels are a lot harder to manufacture than other sizes. I have no doubt Motorola would have preferred an IPS display in the X, but they're expensive and hard to make at that size.

We also have no idea what screen they're using for the Droid 3. Its probably the same as the Atrix, which has its own set of problems.

Liberati0n

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
4.3 inch panels are a lot harder to manufacture than other sizes. I have no doubt Motorola would have preferred an IPS display in the X, but they're expensive and hard to make at that size.

We also have no idea what screen they're using for the Droid 3. Its probably the same as the Atrix, which has its own set of problems.

*Facepalm*

The larger screen is easier to make they don't have to cram pixels into a smaller space.

If you look at the video its quite clear the gammut and contrast ratio is higher, the Atrix is clear, but the Droid 3 is blown out, but the blacks are also darker.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
*Facepalm*

The larger screen is easier to make they don't have to cram pixels into a smaller space.

It's not like they have a couple of Chinamen, sitting on the floor of a factory, placing all the pixels into a screen by hand...

-Suntan

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Liberati0n :
I hope you are not relaying on the Engadget's video for screen analyses , since they use a @#$%% camera to record it & add the light conditions & all that stuff

but in the leaked tutorial videos , the screen indeed looks great

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
*Facepalm*

If you look at the video its quite clear the gammut and contrast ratio is higher, the Atrix is clear, but the Droid 3 is blown out, but the blacks are also darker.

That's not actually true. Larger screens are more difficult to make because of their size. That's why it took a year before we saw an slcd that was over 3.7 inches. That's why phones hovered at smaller screen sizes for a long time.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

cthunder

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Saw a test dummy today. The screen looks great and I am already in love with the new kybd. My fat fingers are happy. Haha