Droid 4 questions

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The release date is actually currently February 2

Pf if it was released on 12/22 then they would've advertised it.

Like they advertised the Nexus?

Wonder what the excuse of pushing back the launch 1.5 months was? It's basically a RAZR with a keyboard. Releasing it a full 3 months after the RAZR is just stupid. They made a mistake with Droid 3, it should have been LTE, but instead we were left waiting for a Droid 4 to get an LTE slider. By the time February rolls around the Droid 4 is going to be outdated hardware.

It would be really great if Verizon stopped treating it's QWERTY slider customers like second-class citizens. Constantly making our releases months after the comparable non-slider device, making us wait for LTE, releasing hardware only when it's outdated. It's such BS.

And yes, I know that there's the Stratosphere, but it's not a top-end phone. Compared to the D3 it's got a worse camera, worse battery, less memory, worse CPU. The only thing that the Stratosphere has going for it over the D3 is LTE.

mpgo4th

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree about putting off the sliders. I am on a Droid X and have been for a long time. I love my phone but I think if it had a keyboard it would be perfect. I am probably going to go with the droid 4 in july when I can upgrade, but if AT&T has a nice top-end slider thats 4G and has or will get 4.0 ICS I might jump off big reds band wagon.

RoninX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Wonder what the excuse of pushing back the launch 1.5 months was? It's basically a RAZR with a keyboard. Releasing it a full 3 months after the RAZR is just stupid. They made a mistake with Droid 3, it should have been LTE, but instead we were left waiting for a Droid 4 to get an LTE slider. By the time February rolls around the Droid 4 is going to be outdated hardware.

I would have liked to see the D4 released sooner too, but come on, it's only a month away. It's not going to be outdated by February.

Of course, all phones get outdated eventually, and you have to live with that or buy a new phone every three months...

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
yeah, I'm sitting on an upgrade and actually glad it's delayed until after CES...I can make a more educated decision and maybe a bit less emotional one ;-)

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just curious-

What's the difference between the qhd screen on droid 4 and the super amoled on the razr?

The Razr's screen is more vivid than the Droid 4 from what I've seen. Though according to the listed specs, the Droid 4's screen is the same as the Droid 3's, but according to a person who has had hands-on experience with the Droid 4 (fone sex on Howard Forums), the Droid 4 has a better screen than the Droid 3.

Droid 4 has a removable battery, but you apparently need a "special tool". Does it come with this tool?

Droid 4 doesn't have a battery that can be removed without voiding warranty. It will come with a tool to remove the back cover that ONLY allows access to the SD card slot and the 4G LTE sim card slot, not the battery.

Droid 4 has a lithium ion polymer battery. These batteries are fragile and break easily. Motorola doesn't want any lawsuits.

D4 has FM radio listed in the specs I saw. Will this disappear before launch day the way it has on every other phone?

Most likely, it will disappear. Verizon wants to make profits by pushing it's Slacker bloatware on us and they can't do that if they allow Droid 4 to have it's FM Radio.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

anon(627628)

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Ya know, one of my biggest beefs with the D3 was that it wasn't LTE. I'm stoked about the 4,but how do you hard reset if you can't take the battery out? I have yet to own a phone that didn't lock up and need a hard reset at some point... Lord knows I'm not going to the vz store to do so.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm stoked about the 4,but how do you hard reset if you can't take the battery out? I have yet to own a phone that didn't lock up and need a hard reset at some point... Lord knows I'm not going to the vz store to do so.

That's what I've wondered. I just had my D2 lock/crash today. Nothing but black screen, none of the soft buttons worked, sliding didn't do anything, and was totally unresponsive. It didn't respond to the power button either, so I had to pull the battery and then try to power it on. Maybe they will have a pinhole reset button somewhere that has the same effect? Perhaps under the cover where the SIM slot is?

How has not having a removable battery worked for the RAZR or other phones?

anon(627628)

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I don't know... I went from an OG Droid to the D2G, so I've always been able to pull the battery. I honestly hope they do a pin reset if the battery can't be pulled.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I don't know... I went from an OG Droid to the D2G, so I've always been able to pull the battery. I honestly hope they do a pin reset if the battery can't be pulled.

Asked in the RAZR forum what they do instead of pulling the battery. Apparently it's Power + Volume keys to get roughly the same effect.