Droid 4 questions

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Just curious-

What's the difference between the qhd screen on droid 4 and the super amoled on the razr?

Droid 4 has a removable battery, but you apparently need a "special tool". Does it come with this tool?

D4 has FM radio listed in the specs I saw. Will this disappear before launch day the way it has on every other phone?

FYI- I currently have a rezound. I love the phone, but despise trying to type on the touchscreen. And I'm pissed the FM radio that USED to be listed in the specs is nowhere to be found.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So it it safe to assume the battery will be replaceable??? The reason I'm asking is a bad experience with 4g on the Bionic. Would certainly make it easier to justify taking the chance on a different 4g device. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand, the battery will not be user replaceable. The back can be removed to access the sim card but the battery us still sealed inside.

That's what I have heard too. Though I personally think that it's ridiculous to:

a: Make an LTE device that doesn't allow you to slap on a larger capacity battery or swap out a dead battery for one fully charged.

b: Go through all of the trouble of putting an access panel on the back of the phone without going the extra 1/16th of a step it would take to give you access to the battery in addition to the SIM and SD card.

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
FM radio missing?? My Droid X has FM radio. As for the tool, it should come with it.

What I meant by missing- it used to be listed in the specs for the Rezound, then after I bought it it's not listed anywhere anymore and there is no FM radio.

If that doesn't happen with the D4, I am seriously considering paying 35 restock fee and switching phones.

BoSoxSuperman

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So, I was obsessing over the Droid 4 specs the other day, and noticed something compared to the Droid 3 and RAZR:

Compare phones: Motorola DROID 4, Motorola DROID 3, Motorola DROID RAZR

Width for the RAZR is 68.9mm the Droid 3 is 64mm and the Droid 4 is 71 mm.

While I'm sure the extra width will make for a badass keyboard...is anyone else concerned this thing might be too darn wide for average hands?? I mean I know that was a small tiff in some of the RAZR reviews I read, was that the phone might be too wide to be comfortable...can the same be said for the Droid4 when its a little over 2mm wider than the RAZR?

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
What I meant by missing- it used to be listed in the specs for the Rezound, then after I bought it it's not listed anywhere anymore and there is no FM radio.

If that doesn't happen with the D4, I am seriously considering paying 35 restock fee and switching phones.

Are you just talking about access to local FM stations? If so, there are free apps that turn your device into a radio. I think the one I downloaded is called "Tune In".

-mcskipp

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
So, I was obsessing over the Droid 4 specs the other day, and noticed something compared to the Droid 3 and RAZR:

Compare phones: Motorola DROID 4, Motorola DROID 3, Motorola DROID RAZR

Width for the RAZR is 68.9mm the Droid 3 is 64mm and the Droid 4 is 71 mm.

While I'm sure the extra width will make for a badass keyboard...is anyone else concerned this thing might be too darn wide for average hands?? I mean I know that was a small tiff in some of the RAZR reviews I read, was that the phone might be too wide to be comfortable...can the same be said for the Droid4 when its a little over 2mm wider than the RAZR?

That doesn't seem right. If the RAZR screen is 4.3 inches and the D4 is 4.0 inches, why on earth would the D4 be wider?

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you'll notice the tenth of an inch difference...

Insert mohel joke here.

Seriously though, I always assumed it was going to be the same size as the D3, only thinner with LTE and other better guts.

BTW, I have a friend who just jumped from a DInc 1 to an iPhone 4S because all of the decent new Android devices are getting so damn big. In her words, "If I wanted a tablet I would buy one." I tend to agree with her, too. There is far too much focus (IMHO) on these phones being mobile multimedia and gaming powerhouses. I've never met anyone who watches video on their smartphone other than a quick YouTube clip or two.

beargold23

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the Gnex right now, and i really like it, but would love it to be the size of the Nexus S. Iphone 4 is still sitting on my dresser. I'll prolly keep the Gnex for sometime, but give me a stock android 4" and ill be all over it.