Ugliest droid to date

MunkinDrunky

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that was around the time of the dual core kick right before the big 4g bis ...so lots of released dual core phones come out only to be overshadowed by 4g phones, which mostly were single core, but still quite good. Kinda bad overlap that seemed very pointless to us, as customers, and to the manufactures whose product wouldn't have a chance to have lasing selling power or a chance to show off how good the technology really is. I enjoy seeing new phones out but there is a point that it becomes excessive.

bit off topic, but does address your concern.

BTW this phone would be my next choice, except battery removal is a huge deal breaker. Why?! Why?! Why no battery removal, its just silly... I mean come on think of the user. Average users have need to remove battery and ability to swap to a fresh one. I guess I have this notion of as much user control as possible. Not to mention phone freezing and unresponsive.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Not a fan of the curvy edge but its not a deal breaker. My biggest question is battery size. I don't want to buy this phone only for the Droid 4 Maxx to come out in 2 months.

In my opinion the D2/D2G was the most attractive of the 4 Droids so far, however that is not everything. The D3 looks nice until you actually try to use it as a phone, at which point it's boxy style is very awkward to hold.

Without a doubt the D4 is the best overall device of the line, the keybard is awesome (finally got it right like LG) and as soon as they let me hold one in my hand that was not attached to the counter I was hooked, feels sooooo nice in the hand.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
The Droid 4 Maxx doesn't exist (atleast I don't think so). My point was the regular Droid Razor was introduced then a revised Razor Maxx came out a few months later with a substantially higher capacity battery. I don't want to buy a Droid 4 now only for Moto to release a model with higher capacity battery in a couple months.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I think it is very unlikely that is going to happen. The D4 is pushing the limits of what most people consider acceptable for thickness as it is and the RAZR was already so thin that adding the bigger battery really just made it average thickness for a black slab phone.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
BTW this phone would be my next choice, except battery removal is a huge deal breaker. Why?! Why?! Why no battery removal, its just silly... I mean come on think of the user. Average users have need to remove battery and ability to swap to a fresh one. I guess I have this notion of as much user control as possible. Not to mention phone freezing and unresponsive.

Volume down + Power will hard reboot the device eliminating the need for a battery pull, and as for the need to swap out the battery the RAZR is much more efficient with battery use thanks to Smart Actions (I end my day with 60-70% of my battery left when other phones are 20-40%), and I see no reason this one wont be as well. That being said I also bought a universal charger pack for those cases that this thing needs an extra jolt during an extra long day.

MunkinDrunky

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Volume down + Power will hard reboot the device eliminating the need for a battery pull, and as for the need to swap out the battery the RAZR is much more efficient with battery use thanks to Smart Actions (I end my day with 60-70% of my battery left when other phones are 20-40%), and I see no reason this one wont be as well. That being said I also bought a universal charger pack for those cases that this thing needs an extra jolt during an extra long day.

Im glad you've interjected to aid those who might be persuaded to think the whole no battery thing make for an awful phone, that there are good work around to these points. All in all keyboard looks great and its really unmatched.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Im glad you've interjected to aid those who might be persuaded to think the whole no battery thing make for an awful phone, that there are good work around to these points. All in all keyboard looks great and its really unmatched.

Don't get me wrong I would have been fine with a device a couple mm thicker if I got a removable battery, but this is hardly the travesty people are making it out to be.

johnnieeve

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The Droid 4 is a huge upgrade over my D1. Keyboard is just about perfect, but lacking a shift key on the right side. Sceen size shows much larger than on the D1. Screen is fine for my tired old eyes. And, streaming video on Verizon 4G is blazing fast. Camera beats the D1. It's a solild built device that offers many inhancements over the D1.
As to looks, if you "Hate" it simply put a case on the darn thing and be done with it. I bought a nifty belt case with clip on. I only see the screen and keyboard, and baby, they look good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca