Force Close for Contacts on Droid 4

biggjd69

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I need some help guys. I uninstalled, through Titanium, Yahoo contacts and such and now I get force close anytime I try to bring up my contacts or touch an icon in my contacts. I know there are other threads for this but no one seems to say if that method will work with the Droid 4. I have tried and they don't. Any suggestions please, be sides downloading GO CONTACTS EXLAUNCHER. Thanks in advance

zerigal

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Wish I could help but I'm suffering from the same issue. I was led to believe that it was the yahoo apps that I casually deleted (lesson learned - freeze - don't delete). To the best of my knowledge I've restored them all.... which makes me think there is some sneaky file somewhere else that fouling it up that I can't track down to replace/fix. Either that or the problem is far worse...

Anyone know what all is connected to the Contacts App on the phone? If anyone could provide that tip I should be able to figure it out.

I'm also keen for any other suggestions since all I'm getting out of my tinkering to fix it now is frustration.

zerigal

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I attempted a little insanity - and for whatever reason it worked this time.

I re-downloaded and installed the blur_yahoo.apk and blur_yahoo.odex files in the system/app folder on the phone... went in and modified the permissions so they're rw-r--r-- and rebooted my phone.

After that everything is ship shape!

Bottom line - don't delete anything unless you verify it isn't useful. Just because it isn't useful to you - doesn't mean it isn't useful to your phone!

Reactions: nrapoport

nrapoport

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I fortunately did not uninstall, however I did freeze. I had to actually unfreeze Yahoo for Contacts to work. Motorola, this is no way to run a railroad!!!!!:mad:

Thanks this post was extremely helpful!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma