Update Pushing out!!!

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The "Benefits of Software Upgrade" PDF lists:

Enhanced loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth
Power On function has been fixed
Improved battery life
Improvements made to reduce touch screen lockups, device sluggishness, and blank screen lockups
Keypad backlight only launches when needed

Successfully receive Visual Voice Mail notifications
MotoCast widget can be added to the homescreen and thumbnail view
Improved text message delivery when using the Messaging application

Improvements to WiFi connectivity

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've heard about the update for the Razr/Maxx, but not the 4.
Everytime I try to update my phone, it says that "Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later."

Is there a file available for manual update?

fuddster

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Found a changelog for the update on XDA: xda-developers - View Single Post - 6.13.219 change log

There are links to download the update over at XDA.

The update was pushed to my D4 less than 2 hours ago. Since I have a stock, rooted D4, I delayed the download by hitting the "Later" button, grabbed OTA Rootkeeper from the Play store and temporarily disabled root. Then I manually triggered the update, waited until the phone rebooted and the update was finished, then went back into Rootkeeper and restored root to my phone.

Remember, just because it worked for me doesn't mean it will work for you. Enjoy!

Reactions: Rory.Gibb

Whatsleft

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
My OTA update came this morning around 7:30 on way to work. I am not a tech guy, and have done no modifications to the phone (I've only had it about 2.5 weeks) but i can tell you that the screen responsiveness is now WAAAYYY better, no more delay, no more freezeing. I've been pushing it as much as i could while at work, and played a couple of games that it regularly had problems with and almost none now!

the rest we'll have to see.

Rory.Gibb

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Was getting nagged every hour to upgrade yesterday, but I figured it would fail because I have renamed a bunch of stock apps and I didn't have the time to spend for a successful upgrade.

Last night, the nagging worked, I tried an upgrade, it failed... but after rebooting back to the 'old' version the nagging stopped, yay!

So today I renamed the stock apps back to original names, tried OTA RootKeeper mentioned above (just in case), upgraded successfully, restored root via OTA RK, renamed the useless apps again and all is OK so far.

The keyboard backlight does seem much improved to me. It no longer cycles on/off so quickly if the ambient light is changing a bit. Now it seems to take a longer period of 'darkness' to trigger the keyboard backlight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay