Need Help Syncing Contacts via Bluetooth to car

martin82531

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I recently switched from an iPhone to a Droid 4, it is my first Droid and for the most part I'm, wondering why I didn't switch sooner.

Anyways, I have a 2012 Toyota Camry that for the life of me, I cannot get my contacts to transfer via Bluetooth, my text messages also do not display via the in car display.

Everything else seems to work: audio, phones calls, internet, I just can't get my contacts to transfer. I was on the phone with the car dealer, once I mentioned Bluetooth, and he started to talk about satellites, I ended the conversion pretty quick.

I gave Motorola a call, it seemed like we made some progress but not too much luck. The Motorola rep had me disconnect the pair I had between my car and the phone, once I did that I saw the notification on my phone asking if it was ok that my car access my messages and my phone book, of course I granted the requested permission but still no luck. My car states "phone book not available" when my car searches for recent phone calls, it seem like it is clocking on the search function.

Anyone have any ideas what I could do to get my contacts to my car via Bluetooth? I did also attempt via my phone to manually transfer my contacts via a Bluetooth connection and my phone advises the outbound transfer failed.

Any help is appreaicated.

Thank you!

martin82531

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok, for some reason my contacts are showing up, I think I was just being impatient and not giving them enough time. The issue I'm still having is my messages are show showing, it simply states they are not available.

Any thoughts?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7