This phone is junk! So dissapointed

phone_killer

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I seem to be death on phones hence the screenname. Anyways, I've had the first droid, several of the droid2, and 3 of the droid3's. ***edited to fix typo!*** I was told this phone is tough.

Bullll. The camera doesn't work half the time. I'm not rough on the phone and have few aps (facebook, mail, some games like coin dose and coins vs zombies as I haven't had the phone long) so I doubt its a conflict issue. It keeps saying it can not open and even if I hard reset and don't add any aps back on it still doesn't work till *it* wants to.

The battery is so bad! I will unplug at 7am and it will be dead by 9 with no usage. I have full service from my house to my kids school to work. Its all in the same tiny ass town so its not even switching towers. I don't have 4g here so I have that turned off.

The servive cuts out randomly. Where I am sitting I have full 3g. It will cut out to no service and last for about 5 minutes without me moving. Annoying!

The music player keeps cutting in and out of songs, it will go to a different song when I don't ask it to (it will be sitting on my desk w my speaker hooked up and change) and the speaker itself will crackle.

The keyboard back light keeps cutting on and off. Minor but still adds to my "anger"

I was given the option of this or the x2 when I met my "3 phone and you get a new one" verizon rule. I don't have the money to buy a phone outright but I'm thinking of bringing this back!

Am I the only one w these combined issues?!

Sent from my DROID4 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

phone_killer

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Mines great, none of these issues. You must be doing it wrong. ;)

Every phone I've had, I've been doing something wrong?? Even when I bring it to verizon and they confirm that its the phone and they can't fix it? Ya that explains it....

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be death on phones hence the screenname. Anyways, I've had the first droid, several of the droid2, and 4 of the droid4's. I was told this phone is tough.

Bullll. The camera doesn't work half the time. I'm not rough on the phone and have few aps (facebook, mail, some games like coin dose and coins vs zombies as I haven't had the phone long) so I doubt its a conflict issue. It keeps saying it can not open and even if I hard reset and don't add any aps back on it still doesn't work till *it* wants to.

The battery is so bad! I will unplug at 7am and it will be dead by 9 with no usage. I have full service from my house to my kids school to work. Its all in the same tiny ass town so its not even switching towers. I don't have 4g here so I have that turned off.

The servive cuts out randomly. Where I am sitting I have full 3g. It will cut out to no service and last for about 5 minutes without me moving. Annoying!

The music player keeps cutting in and out of songs, it will go to a different song when I don't ask it to (it will be sitting on my desk w my speaker hooked up and change) and the speaker itself will crackle.

The keyboard back light keeps cutting on and off. Minor but still adds to my "anger"

I was given the option of this or the x2 when I met my "3 phone and you get a new one" verizon rule. I don't have the money to buy a phone outright but I'm thinking of bringing this back!

Am I the only one w these combined issues?!

You're problem is Motorola. Switch to a Samsung phone. Preferably he nexus :)
I never had any problems with Samsungs phones. They're built tough. And are just plan amazing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running LiquidSmooth 1.4 via Tapatalk.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be death on phones hence the screenname. Anyways, I've had the first droid, several of the droid2, and 4 of the droid4's.

Given your history, it's not the phone/phones. It's you. I have no idea what you're doing wrong, but it's definitely you. Seriously, the D4 has only been out a few months and you've already gone through 4 of them?

DRAZY

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've owned lots of phones myself and a couple Motorola phones (OG Droid and Droid X) which I still own. My 4 year old uses the Droid X and she's really rough on phones. I've never heard of any having as many problems as you. Sorry but true. If you're not dropping the phones or using them as table levels they should work fine.

All of Verizon's higher end phones are pretty durable. I've recently owned the Thunderbolt, Droid Charge, and currently the Galaxy Nexus they're all Built Droid Tough.

Aside from the needed updates on some once those update are pushed out issues are fixed. Silly question but are your phones running the latest updates. I know you're on a forum for phone geeks but I ask because Verizon and the phone manufacturers take great care in making sure their ROMs are very functional.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

phone_killer

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Given your history, it's not the phone/phones. It's you. I have no idea what you're doing wrong, but it's definitely you. Seriously, the D4 has only been out a few months and you've already gone through 4 of them?

Oops. Typo! That's supposed to be 3 of the 3's. Not 4 of the 4's.

phone_killer

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I've owned lots of phones myself and a couple Motorola phones (OG Droid and Droid X) which I still own. My 4 year old uses the Droid X and she's really rough on phones. I've never heard of any having as many problems as you. Sorry but true. If you're not dropping the phones or using them as table levels they should work fine.

All of Verizon's higher end phones are pretty durable. I've recently owned the Thunderbolt, Droid Charge, and currently the Galaxy Nexus they're all Built Droid Tough.

Aside from the needed updates on some once those update are pushed out issues are fixed. Silly question but are your phones running the latest updates. I know you're on a forum for phone geeks but I ask because Verizon and the phone manufacturers take great care in making sure their ROMs are very functional.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Yeah they are all up to date. I even have a friend who looks at them and says he has no idea why they all die. I don't do anything odd with them (there dry, have no cosmetic issues, I don't drop them or use them as levels, my 2 kids know to never touch my phone cause they often don't work as planned). I doubt its me honestly.

phone_killer

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
You're problem is Motorola. Switch to a Samsung phone. Preferably he nexus :)
I never had any problems with Samsungs phones. They're built tough. And are just plan amazing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running LiquidSmooth 1.4 via Tapatalk.

I can't get anything but what verizon says I can phase into. I don't have the $$ to buy a phone outright sadly. I wish I could but right now it isn't an option.

And with verizons new data pricing I think I'm leaving them very soon! I upgrade the end of oct and I'm NOT paying there insane prices.

piratefan

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been happy with my Droid 4 so far. I came from a Galaxy S which, at the end was more trouble than it was worth. The Galaxy screen was awesome, though.

--
Sent from my Droid4 using Tapatalk 2.

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't get anything but what verizon says I can phase into. I don't have the $$ to buy a phone outright sadly. I wish I could but right now it isn't an option.

And with verizons new data pricing I think I'm leaving them very soon! I upgrade the end of oct and I'm NOT paying there insane prices.

Yeah I came from virgin mobile plan 25$ unlimited everything minus 300 minute limit. But I wanted a higher end phone. So I switched to verizon. I go their double data special so I get 4gb of data usage for the price of 2gb.

Sent from my 4.0.4 Galaxy Nexus, running [AOSP] LiquidSmooth 1.4. Via tapatalk.

moke

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
if you bought it new from vzw, then ask for a replacement since every device has a 12 month manufacturer warranty.

schatzy62

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
my first droid 4 only lasted about 18 hours before it totally died. the second one is awesome and i have not issues with it. unplug at 6:30am and still have battery left at 9PM with 2-3 hours of calls and 15-18 e-mails and 250-300 texts.

So it seems to me you just have a bad one. Take it back and get it replaced

spepi

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
my wife had hers for 30 days, replaced with a refurb, 2 days later replaced again. Now on the third, going for the 4th. Constantly have to reboot to get gps, 3g, even make a call. She is doing nothing wrong. Ive been a droid user for the last 3 years...HTC Hero, HTC EVO, HTC EVO3D, Motorola Photon, and now back to HTC EVO 4G LTE....yes I know all Sprint, but ive never had this many problems, especially from a phone that is on its 4th Gen...What gives....

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
This phone has been flawless since I got it back in February. It's handled everything Ive thrown at it. Battery life is pretty decent too, with the smart actions and bloatware frozen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie