Built-In Battery Saver/Manager

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
So my friend just got a D4 and wants to know about battery saving. I tried to show him the Battery Manager that I thought would be on the D4 but it wasn't there. It was there on my Droid X and my brothers D3 but it's not in any menu I could find. The setting would be the one where it turns off your mobile data after the screen being off for 15 minutes.

Does this menu/setting still exist or did they nix it on the Droid 4 for Smart Actions? If so, I couldn't find a way to replicate that whole "15 minutes of screen off turn data off" thing.

Thanks!

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
You have to use the Smart Actions app to set it up. Truth be told, it works ok. When I was using Smart Actions, I had it set up to turn off data whenever the screen turned off. Well, it always took some time for the data to re-enable itself. I found that just leaving the screen off and disabling background sync works best for me. For some reason, I would turn off the screen and set the phone down, and the Smart Actions would re-wake the screen. Then the screen would turn off, and it would do it again... it was a vicious cycle. But I think your friend should have give it a try... may have better luck than me :cool:

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
One thing that may also help, both in battery and data use, is increasing the amount of time syncs take place, such as Facebook. You may not want to turn it completely off, but do you need it done every hour? Maybe 2 hours or 4 hours will work.

Smart Actions is also a great tool, but you have to do some manipulating of it in order for it to work best.

Reactions: MERCDROID

dcs0582

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Juice Defender because it came with a good recommendation. The free version is functional, but of course the two paid versions open up progressively more options.

Oddly enough, I opted for JD after being unable to find the option to slow down polling for email, Gmail, facebook, etc. I'm a techie, and not being able to figure it out made me feel pretty dumb. :confused: