Jellybean on the D4

etbooker

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if you go to Motorola's website you can see the D4 in the list to be upgraded to Android 4.1. Hopefully the update does not take forever.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

etbooker

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Jellybean is here!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363732350015.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363732350015.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 27

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Meh...It doesn't seem to be as great as I was hoping. I guess I'm used to JB on my Nexus 7 already and it kind of deflated my excitement. My stock weather widget is gone. The app I use for changing profiles (Profiles) doesn't work anymore. FoxFi doesn't work as a WiFi hotspot any more. I can live without GoogleNow. I hate to say it, but I'd actually be happier with ICS again.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I installed it yesterday afternoon. Had a full charge when I started the install. Been playing with my phone quite a bit as I wiped it after the install to make sure it was a clean one. I have noticed much better battery life, a lot smoother operation, virtually no lag & just all apps operating better/faster. Overall I am really happy with the update. I can finally use Google Now on my phone instead of just my Nexus 10. I use Google Now so much throughout the day it is excellent to have it on my phone now!

I am kind of bummed about FoxFi not working anymore, but I can still use it via Bluetooth if I need to.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Loving the new options in the email and new dock look. Of course, the biggest plus is Google Now. I didn't factory reset, but likely will tonight to wipe old cache. Losing FoxFi sucks, but I think others have workarounds that I will have to look into.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Loving the new options in the email and new dock look. Of course, the biggest plus is Google Now. I didn't factory reset, but likely will tonight to wipe old cache. Losing FoxFi sucks, but I think others have workarounds that I will have to look into.

Been looking for workaround, can you post if you find one?
Thanks,
WB

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i got a question i haven't updated jellybean yet but i was just a wondering did jellybean finally make the percent come up when charging up phone or not

also can you clear up favorites aka frequently called or not

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i got a question i haven't updated jellybean yet but i was just a wondering did jellybean finally make the percent come up when charging up phone or not

also can you clear up favorites aka frequently called or not

Mine has always shown percent charged when charging since ICS update. Not sure what you're talking about on the other issue.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine has always shown percent charged when charging since ICS update. Not sure what you're talking about on the other issue.

well i ment to say that i have hd dock droid 4 thus when i charge it there's no percent showing just battery thus using app battery status bar

i got phone walmart back in nov last year already had ics i was just a wondering if percent will show up on charge hd dock or not

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
well i ment to say that i have hd dock droid 4 thus when i charge it there's no percent showing just battery thus using app battery status bar

i got phone walmart back in nov last year already had ics i was just a wondering if percent will show up on charge hd dock or not

Sorry, I don't have the dock.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Didn't want to do a reset, but it seems my Bluetooth is now broken after the update. Oh well...at least I get a clean install now...

dea0002

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Jellybean has arrived!

Same here; I just noticed the notification of the system update this morning.

The thing is, I'm not sure I want to accept the upgrade. I also have a Razr Maxx and a Galaxy Nexus, both of which have versions of Jelly Bean, and all three are stock. Based on my experience only the Nexus does JB right. The Razr naturally has awesome battery life, but I felt it lagged pretty badly performance-wise. I recently flipped back over to the D4 from the Maxx and I've enjoyed the smoother operation, and now I wonder if updating to JB would mess that up.

Also, the browser in the Good For Enterprise app doesn't work in JB, and I'm not sure I want to give up that feature.

... Such a first - world problem....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

mlportersr

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Upgrading is of course a personal choice. I would agree with those that say the upgrade is evolutionary - not revolutionary.

The differences from ICS are subtle, but they really do make a difference. The interface is a lot more polished and Google Now I think is going to be great. I have had no problems so far, so would say, "go for it..."

Mike...

Sent from my DROID4 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01