Verizon system upgrade to 98.72.18.xt894

Whatsleft

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,

So Verizon pushed this out early this morning. Haven't had time to play with it other than it seems to be using more battery power as the level is even lower than before by the time i get to work (I listen to tune in radio on my train commute...about 1.75 hours). It also kept asking permission for a bunch of apps to permanently access my google account, which i guess it finally did on its own.

thus far, text messaging and clock looks different, but the alert for the text messaging seems to have disapeared, camera has new functions, response on the phone seems about the same.

any suggestions on what to check, look out for? anyway of getting rid of some of the bloatware with this version?

thanks!

big matty

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,

So Verizon pushed this out early this morning. Haven't had time to play with it other than it seems to be using more battery power as the level is even lower than before by the time i get to work (I listen to tune in radio on my train commute...about 1.75 hours). It also kept asking permission for a bunch of apps to permanently access my google account, which i guess it finally did on its own.

thus far, text messaging and clock looks different, but the alert for the text messaging seems to have disapeared, camera has new functions, response on the phone seems about the same.

any suggestions on what to check, look out for? anyway of getting rid of some of the bloatware with this version?

thanks!

Guessing you are referencing the Jellybean upgrade, Im not looking up the exact system numbers... Ever since ICS you are allowed to Disable apps via the App section of Settings. The recent JB update via VZW actually contains less bloatware than any previous version, so the good news for you there is that is already done.

jmonty42

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Guessing you are referencing the Jellybean upgrade, Im not looking up the exact system numbers... Ever since ICS you are allowed to Disable apps via the App section of Settings. The recent JB update via VZW actually contains less bloatware than any previous version, so the good news for you there is that is already done.
Ya, I just updated last night all the way from GB. I rooted and loaded up Bloat Freezer to freeze what I had frozen before, but most of the stuff I had frozen before was gone. I was pleasantly surprised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar