14 months in now, hows your Droid 4?

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I got my Droid 4 on launch day last year, I use it a lot! Usually I'm charging it by 1 in the afternoon if it is not in the desk dock. I take it off its dock charger next to my bed at about 6 a.m. I use it in my Lapdock 500 Pro at least once per day too, usually for checking & responding to personal emails, watching podcasts & YouTube videos. Here is a typical use day:

5:45am, my Droid 4 wakes me up
6am, off bedside dock
6am, pair with BT speaker & listen to Podcasts while getting ready for work
6:45am, pair with truck stereo or BT in helmet if riding my motorcycle on 45 minute commute.
6:45am - 7:30 stream music on commute
7:30am - noon if in my office, phone on dock, paired to BT speaker streaming music. If in shop or lab, paired with BT headphones streaming music, using calculator & unit of measure converter.
Noon - 1 out to lunch, phone calls, texts, maybe a game or YouTube video, tweeting, G+
1 - 4 phone not used much. Usually in meetings, or production area so busy!
4 - 4:45 paired with stereo or helmet streaming music for commute home
About an hour at night, in Lapdock 500 Pro doing email, social networks, forums, banking, QuickOffice Pro
About an hour every night on phone calls
Weekends, Google nav, gaming, lots of pictures, Google Now, wireless hotspot quite a bit.

Hardware wise, it is holding up great, slider for keyboard is still nice & tight, no scratches on Gorilla glass either. It is in a case about half the time, depending on my mood.

I have my Nexus 10 that I use for movies, YouTube, web browsing, more serious gaming & using at friends in evenings or weekends. Between my D4, Lapdock 500 Pro & N10, I hardly ever use my Laptop anymore.

So, how do you like your D4 after all this time? How is it holding up? How do you use it?

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Holding up fine. Usually carry in lab coat pocket with keys and/or scissors. No case, no scratches. Use it daily in clinic. Have 10,000 mah external battery that I can use to charge while in my pocket if needed. Only need that on long days or on days that I use it a lot more than usual.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Phone is holding up great! Got mine on leap day, had to replace a year ago due to my volume rocker breaking. Absolutely zero issues with my replacement. This keyboard is amazing. I email for work a lot, and can type so fast with the physical keyboard, and still see all of my email on the screen while I do it. Wish there was another line coming with maybe a 4.5ish screen, but, I don't think that's going to happen. If Verizon ever gets another Nexus device, I will likely upgrade, but simply b/c I like the Nexus experience.

Posted via Android Central App

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Phone is holding up great! Got mine on leap day, had to replace a year ago due to my volume rocker breaking. Absolutely zero issues with my replacement. This keyboard is amazing. I email for work a lot, and can type so fast with the physical keyboard, and still see all of my email on the screen while I do it. Wish there was another line coming with maybe a 4.5ish screen, but, I don't think that's going to happen. If Verizon ever gets another Nexus device, I will likely upgrade, but simply b/c I like the Nexus experience.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree, the physical keyboard is great and touchscreen keyboards don't compare. I don't use it so much for email, but I use Gdocs a lot for different stuff. The physical keyboard and the arrow keys make a huge difference. I basically use my phone as a very light duty laptop replacement. I've been eligible for an upgrade for some time now, but I haven't seen anything that is really worth upgrading to. I wouldn't mind a 4.5" screen with a slide out keyboard. Maybe once Moto starts to really put out some new phones we will see something like this.

Moo Cow

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I love it. I've had it for roughly a year now, and went from GB to ICS to JB on the OS front. I have to have a physical keyboard for any phone I use, so to see the specs on this one when I scouted it out, I felt it was the phone for me, and it has not disappointed. I hope to ride this phone out as long as it will let me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781