Factory Reset

fuddster

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
With only 4 months to go until I can upgrade my D4, I finally decided to do a factory reset. I was rooted and was running Apex Launcher; other than that I was pretty much stock. I had about 140-150 apps installed, and lately I've had to deal with significant slowdowns while using the phone. Mostly it was a 5 to 10 to 15 second lag when using apps and the phone was virtually unusable when updating apps via Google Play.

I backed up everything that was on the D4 using Titanium Backup, Google, Dropbox, and good old drag 'n drop to my Linux box. Then I popped out the microSD card and did the reset. Right now I'm beginning the new set-up and going through the initial app update process. My goal today is to making sure my essential apps are installed & updated, and from there I'll worry about root and installing the rest of my apps (and ignoring the ones I haven't used in a while).

Of course, most of the next 4 months will be spent trying to decide which phone I want to get with my upgrade! :D

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My goal today is to making sure my essential apps are installed & updated, and from there I'll worry about root and installing the rest of my apps (and ignoring the ones I haven't used in a while).

I could have written the same message a couple of weeks ago, aside from the fact I'm not rooted and that I had to flash a stock image to get the D4 working again.

The D4 is like a whole new phone. And I've been VERY careful about what apps I install beyond the essential ones.

fuddster

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
The D4 is like a whole new phone. And I've been VERY careful about what apps I install beyond the essential ones.

I'm going with the essentials, plus some of the apps I use only occasionally. Still, I'm cutting out a good 50 or so apps.

Posted via Android Central App

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
A thought that helped me: you can always grab them from the Play Store if needed, even the apps you already paid for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7