Goodbye Droid 4, Hello Moto X

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I got my Droid 4 on launch day almost 2 years ago now. It has been my faithful go-to device that entire time. It has not failed me and I love the physical keyboard. In fact I am an Original Droid and Droid 2 global owner also. But, as it seems there are no more decent Android keyboard phones on the market anymore & the Droid 4 is getting a bit long in the tooth and struggling with some of my higher end games, I decided it's time to move on. My Ebony wood backed Moto X is out for delivery right now. Since I will no longer be on a contract, if Motorola decides to make another keyboard phone I will be able to swap to it if its decent enough. The only problem I've ever had with my Droid 4 is that in the last month or so it has started to only last about 2 to 3 hours on a charge. Although it has never been known as a phone with very good battery life, I used to get six or seven hours out of it if I was needing too. So, here I go into the touchscreen keyboard world. I already have a Nexus 10 that I got on launch day, so I'm practiced with touch screens already to some extent.

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I got my Droid 4 on launch day almost 2 years ago now. It has been my faithful go-to device that entire time. It has not failed me and I love the physical keyboard. In fact I am an Original Droid and Droid 2 global owner also. But, as it seems there are no more decent Android keyboard phones on the market anymore & the Droid 4 is getting a bit long in the tooth and struggling with some of my higher end games, I decided it's time to move on. My Ebony wood backed Moto X is out for delivery right now. Since I will no longer be on a contract, if Motorola decides to make another keyboard phone I will be able to swap to it if its decent enough. The only problem I've ever had with my Droid 4 is that in the last month or so it has started to only last about 2 to 3 hours on a charge. Although it has never been known as a phone with very good battery life, I used to get six or seven hours out of it if I was needing too. So, here I go into the touchscreen keyboard world. I already have a Nexus 10 that I got on launch day, so I'm practiced with touch screens already to some extent.

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
Congrats. Hope you enjoy the phone :D

fuddster

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
My story's pretty much the same. Picked up the Droid 4 at launch & it started lagging and losing charge regularly back in November. Instead of the Moto X, I wound up grabbing the Droid Maxx, and so far I'm happy with my choice.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze