How do I move apps or change default storage on a Droid Maxx 2?

Swordsman969

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
I just recently bought a Droid Maxx 2. I have quickly filled up 8GB worth of apps, which is leaving me with about 500MB of memory. I got and installed a 32GB SD card to help with storage issues. I have been able to transfer some apps over to the SD card by going into the Settings-->Apps section, then looking for a "Move to SD card" option. Many apps have that option greyed out so I can't use it. I am wanting to know if there is a way to move more apps over to the SD card, even if it takes 3rd party software. I'm also wanting to know if there is a way to change the default storage option for both apps and media (photos, etc.) so they will go directly to the SD card and I don't have to manually move them. Thanks in advance!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Once Motorola pushes the Marshmallow update then you can use the sd card as adoptable storage.

ocaptain101

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Once Motorola pushes the Marshmallow update then you can use the sd card as adoptable storage.

I have the marshmallow update and I am not allowed to move apps to the SD card. 😠 The old Maxx would have allowed it. If I can't get these files to move I am going to have to take the phone back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance