Hey everyone,

My wife and I are looking at switching carriers to save some money, and my Verizon phone choice is looking like a Moto Droid Maxx 2. I am not a power user, so the great battery life, water resistance, and a affordable price really appeals to me.

My concern is reading about heat. The AC review mentions it, and I have seen posts on other forums talking about the Moto X Play (the Droid Maxx 2s twin) having significant heat problems. I had a HTC Desire Eye as my last Android phone, and the constant warming of my pocket had a lot to do with why I moved away.

What is your experience? Am i needlessly worrying? Or if you had problems, is there a "fix"?

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-21-2016 09:25 AM
    I had the turbo 2 for a short period of time. It really only got hot during the initial few days when I was downloading everything and setting everything up. Once I got the phone set up the way I wanted and settled into a usage pattern, the phone was fine.
    02-21-2016 10:36 AM
    I've never noticed my Maxx 2 getting warm. Like yourself, I am not a power user. I do keep any hardware I'm not actively using ( WiFi, Bluetooth or GPS) turned off. I'm not sure if that makes any difference or not.
    02-21-2016 06:59 PM