I have a Verizon Moto X running on Verizon Prepaid, I would like to
    replace it with a Maxx 2 but when I try to buy one at the local
    store they tell me they can't sell me one for prepaid, can anyone
    tell me if it will work if I order one direct from Verizon or Motorola.

Thanks.
    03-07-2016 04:27 PM
    Why won't they sell you one? What's their reason? I have a Maxx 2 that I was going to try and move over to the prepaid plan because you get twice as much data for $5.00 less a month.
    03-08-2016 03:49 PM
    They keep telling me that it is not for sale on prepaid, they won't really give me a reason.
    I have a Moto X on prepaid now, I've had it for over a year and am happy with the service.
    They are up to 3 gigs of data for $45/mo. now and you can buy another 3 gig's for 20 bucks that will
    last for 90 days. As far as I'm concerned you can't beat the deal, it works everywhere I need it too.
    I use mine for a hotspot in the summer when we use our RV, the rest of the time I use very little
    data so really don't need a plan with a lot of data. I just want to upgrade to a little bit bigger phone.
    03-08-2016 11:58 PM
    They keep telling me that it is not for sale on prepaid, they won't really give me a reason. I've asked 2 different stores and they both gave me the same "run around"
    03-09-2016 12:04 AM
    It's not runaround- Verizon at the moment only wants to sell the phone with a postpaid plan. They insist the same for any of their resellers (including Costco, Best Buy, or Amazon, if they sell it.) The Turbo 2 is the same way. As I understand it, you can get it full price and then cancel the plan after a month without a penalty of any sort. It's not sold with a contract, so once that first month is done, cancel it. I'd ask just to make sure.

I believe they sell last year's Turbo as a prepaid device right now.
    tom42344 likes this.
    03-09-2016 06:19 AM
    Thanks for the reply,
    That is what they are trying to talk me into, buy it on a plan, then cancel the plan
    after a month and pay off the phone, then go back to prepaid, seems like a
    lot of trouble just to get a new phone.
    What happens if I buy one from Motorola? They have it listed on their site.
    Same price as Verizon.
    The other phone I've been thinking about is the Motorola Moto X Pure Edition,
    I can get it from BH Photo for about the same price as the Maxx 2, actually works
    out cheaper for me because of no sales tax, but not sure it will work either.
    03-09-2016 12:07 PM
    What happens if I buy one from Motorola? They have it listed on their site.
    Same price as Verizon.
    As I said, Verizon's authorized resellers will only sell you one on an existing plan or if you create a new plan. Motorola is acting as Verizon reseller in this case.

The other phone I've been thinking about is the Motorola Moto X Pure Edition,
    I can get it from BH Photo for about the same price as the Maxx 2, actually works
    out cheaper for me because of no sales tax, but not sure it will work either.
    Verizon prepaid does have a bring your own phone option, but I would check with Verizon to make sure that the MXP will work. I know that you can buy one and put a Verizon SIM in for postpaid, so I'll bet it will work, but I would still double-check to be sure.

It should work though: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/09/15...ns-at-verizon/
    03-09-2016 03:08 PM
    Thanks for the reply, I talked to Verizon again this morning, they said the Maxx 2 should be
    offered "soon" maybe after they see how many people jump on the S7.
    Guess I can wait awhile and see.
    They did increase my prepaid data to the new plan for my trouble so guess
    it was worth the phone calls.
    doogald and badcat like this.
    03-09-2016 04:19 PM
    I went to the local Verizon "company" store this morning, they said as long
    as I had my other phone for at least a year I could upgrade on prepaid,
    if I paid retail price for the Maxx 2. I said OK, he went to the back and
    got one, took all of about 5 min. to transfer all my settings and account info.
    and I walked out the door with a new Maxx 2.
    doogald and badcat like this.
    03-16-2016 05:50 PM
    That's great. I'm glad it worked out.
    tom42344 likes this.
    03-16-2016 05:56 PM