05-07-2016 09:15 PM
    I haven't got the update and no other site is reporting on this so I would like to know where they are getting this from.
    05-07-2016 09:55 PM
    here we go - official!
    Code:
    www.verizonwireless.com/support/motorola-droid-maxx-2-update/
    link was garbled, had to change it to code.
    05-08-2016 03:59 AM
    No update for me either. I've seen a report on one other site. http://www.androidauthority.com/veri...update-691322/

Edit: Verizon has announced it as well. Tried to post a link but the link ends up unusable when I save the post. It's listed at the Verizon site under ://www.verizonwireless.com/support/motorola-droid-maxx-2-update/
    Add http to the above link.
    05-08-2016 04:13 AM
    Might as well call this update Bigfoot. Lots of stories but no one has actually seen it in the wild...
    05-08-2016 01:20 PM
    Forcing the update by clearing the cache of Google Services Framework or doing the *#*#checkin#*#* code did not do anything.
    Waiting for Verizon.....
    05-08-2016 01:35 PM
    Yup. Nothing here yet either. Nothing to do but wait until it hits.
    05-08-2016 02:39 PM
    here we go - official!
    Code:
    www.verizonwireless.com/support/motorola-droid-maxx-2-update/
    link was garbled, had to change it to code.
    Yeah, I had the same issue. The link I pasted in was unusable.
    05-08-2016 02:40 PM
    Guess what! First Update File is being installed!
    Marshmallow for the DROID MAXX 2-screenshot_2016-05-10-19-35-19.jpg
    Ry and badcat like this.
    05-10-2016 11:44 AM
    It finally showed up. I'm almost done with the first part of the upgrade.

Edit: Both updates are installed and my phone is up and running. Running smooth so far. I may do a hard reset even though I'm not really seeing any problems. Going to run it as is before I do anything though.
    Ry likes this.
    05-10-2016 02:37 PM
    My second update is 50% done! Been waiting for this since I got my phone.
    05-13-2016 05:12 PM
    Let us know how it goes for you. Mine has been running well.
    05-14-2016 04:44 AM
    For the most part 6.0 is treating me well. However, for some reason the Kindle and Amazon music apps are refusing to take an update from the play store. Anyone else having this problem?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-15-2016 12:45 PM
    For the most part 6.0 is treating me well. However, for some reason the Kindle and Amazon music apps are refusing to take an update from the play store. Anyone else having this problem?

Did you disable any of the other Amazon apps? If yes, try re-enabling them and see if the update now works.
    05-15-2016 01:20 PM
    I did have audible disabled. But enabling that didn't make any difference.

05-15-2016 05:31 PM
    I did have audible disabled. But enabling that didn't make any difference.
    Sorry, I meant to say enable and restart the phone, and then first update the Audible app manually if you had it disabled. Then see if you can update the apps you want. You also may have temporarily enable installation from unknown sources in settings / security settings.

See http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...zon-prime.html for a similar problem when the T2 received Marshmallow.

(That thread includes my comment, "The person (at Verizon and/or Motorola) who decided that it was a good idea to pre-install the Amazon apps rather than just let people install them on their own should be penalized by having to use a Droid 2 Maxx2 as their only phone for the next two years. You shouldn't have to disable them - you should be able to uninstall them if you don't want them. [Or, as I said, just sell the phone without them.]" It remains RIDICULOUS that these apps are pre-installed as system apps. Amazon apps are popular enough that people will find them in the Play Store if they want or need them.)
    Denis Iastrebov likes this.
    05-15-2016 07:05 PM
    Sorry, I meant to say enable and restart the phone, and then first update the Audible app manually if you had it disabled. Then see if you can update the apps you want. You also may have temporarily enable installation from unknown sources in settings / security settings.

See http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...zon-prime.html for a similar problem when the T2 received Marshmallow.

(That thread includes my comment, "The person (at Verizon and/or Motorola) who decided that it was a good idea to pre-install the Amazon apps rather than just let people install them on their own should be penalized by having to use a Droid 2 Maxx2 as their only phone for the next two years. You shouldn't have to disable them - you should be able to uninstall them if you don't want them. [Or, as I said, just sell the phone without them.]" It remains RIDICULOUS that these apps are pre-installed as system apps. Amazon apps are popular enough that people will find them in the Play Store if they want or need them.)
    I couldn't agree more. As well as the insidious DT IGnite crap. DT Ignite is the first thing I disable with the Amazon apps being next. I don't hate on Amazon at all but like you say, I'd install the app if I wanted it. I like my Maxx 2 but Verizon's bloatware is completely out of control. I'll be buying an unlocked phone next time around. I'm stuck with them as there just isn't a better option coverage-wise where I live.
    05-16-2016 05:21 AM
    I couldn't agree more. As well as the insidious DT IGnite crap. DT Ignite is the first thing I disable with the Amazon apps being next. I don't hate on Amazon at all but like you say, I'd install the app if I wanted it. I like my Maxx 2 but Verizon's bloatware is completely out of control. I'll be buying an unlocked phone next time around. I'm stuck with them as there just isn't a better option coverage-wise where I live.
    What does DT Ignite even do?

I agree in principle against bloatware, but honestly this phone isn't that bad compared to some verizon phones. In fact the Amazon helping is greatly pared down to 4 apps from about 9 on my old Turbo. In all, i've got about 5 verizon apps disabled. I regularly use kindle, underground, and music, so i did have audible disabled, but the update thing made me undo that.

One annoyance: for some reason this phone lets me put far fewer apps on my SD card than my Pure Edition does. That might not be a phone thing, it may be a 6.01 vs. 6.0 thing. Anyone know?
    05-16-2016 09:05 AM
    It allows the carriers to remotely install even more bloatware. When I first about this I though "they have to be kidding" but it's real.
    DT Ignite allows carriers to install post-sale bloatware

I currently have 21 apps disabled (just checked) and there are probably a few more that could be disabled with some experimentation. Depends on the user though. One mans ceiling is another mans floor...
    05-16-2016 09:40 AM
    I'm pretty sure that the way this phone uses dt ignite is to make sure that the current roster of bloatware is installed after setting up the phone from scratch, or after a factory reset. I don't think the Verizon is pushing even more bloatware after the fact.
    05-16-2016 11:45 AM
    I've read something to that effect regarding the flap over it getting installed on the S7. It doesn't matter to me either way, I'm disabling it. I'm not going to take the chance. All this junk takes up space and can potentially waste battery. I think that if Verizon would let us uninstall it almost everybody would. But like I said, it's really up to each individual user as to how much this stuff bothers them.

Take a look here http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...turbo-2-a.html (see post #4) to see how much stuff can actually be disabled. This list is exhaustive and includes a bunch of stuff that most users would not disable but it is interesting to see how much junk you could "theoretically" get rid of.
    05-16-2016 02:30 PM