NEVER EVER USE ADOPTIVE STORAGE. My 128g SanDisk "10" external card became useless and I have no recovery for it because you can't back it up unless it reads on your phone. I have had multiple issues with the external memory card failing as an external application so I thought adoptive would be the answer. Until it stopped installing.

Now my internal card is missing files and directories that were stored on the non functioning adoptive card. Meanwhile my most favorite music playing software will not search the external card now for the music stored there. I tried all kinds of combinations including allowing the phone to format the external card and reloading hours of data through the phone onto the external card (slow). I've stopped the Mixer app, deleted it's data and cache hoping it would reread and locate the external card. I reloaded the app. I used a music scan app hoping it would leave a command on the internal storage for the Mixer app to find the external card with the music.

When the adoptive setup crashed and I looked at my internal card there is a whole lot of files missing that were usually showing on the internal. Fortunately, the inability of the Mixer App to find the mounted external card seems to be my only issue. I lost over 9 months of data that was either moved to the adoptive or deliberately stored there. The photos lost were irreplaceable.

I realize a full factory restart might be in order just by noting what is no longer showing on the internal drive. It's confusing why the internal no longer shows multiple files and details but still functions fully.

Again my focus and issue is that the Party Mixer app is not locating the external card where the music is. BTW I tried several other programs, none (so far) as simplistic and functional as a mixing non stop player with adjustable segue timing. All the other player software found the external card and music with no trouble. And Party mixer used to know where the external music was. Help, please.
    09-29-2017 10:30 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Ouch. This is the main problem with Adoptable Storage -- it relies on an inherently unreliable storage medium, SD cards. According to someone in the industry I've talked to, all cards -- even ones from reputable companies like Sandisk -- are significantly lower quality memory compared to what gets soldered onto a motherboard. Therefore, they're at much higher risk for corruption. Formatting a card as Internal Storage encrypts it such that only the phone that formatted it can read it. So if the card fails, there's really no way to recover that data using PC tools.

You could try some of the methods suggested here, but I'm not sure if they work with Adoptable Storage: https://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ted-files.html
    09-29-2017 11:31 AM