I have a Droid Maxx 2 that I've owned for at least 2 years. Lately the battery seems to be going dead. It will shut itself off at anywhere from 15-40%, sometimes because of opening an app but sometimes because of nothing at all. I'll be on an app, minding my own business and my phone suddenly pops up with a, "0% battery, shutting down." If I turn it back on after it does this, it just shuts down again after a few seconds. Should I just get a new phone?

Here's a picture of my battery life after it happens:

https://ibb.co/mBGXrJ7
    10-29-2019 03:59 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like the battery is simply failing. You may have only owned it for 2 years, but the phone itself is about 4 years old. You can always bring the phone to a repair shop for battery replacement, but considering how old the phone is, it's probably better to get a newer phone anyway.
    Qwebs likes this.
    10-29-2019 05:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like the battery is simply failing. You may have only owned it for 2 years, but the phone itself is about 4 years old. You can always bring the phone to a repair shop for battery replacement, but considering how old the phone is, it's probably better to get a newer phone anyway.
    Thank you, I figured as much! Yeah, I'll most likely just buy a new phone. Thanks for your help! ^^
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-29-2019 11:31 PM