Ok, has anyone mentioned if the SIM card on these is removable? I keep seeing the word embedded and I haven't seen any pics with a sim card tray/slot yet. A non-swappable SIM would be a terrible idea for this pone.
    07-23-2013 05:48 PM
    For that matter it appears there is no removable SD Card slot either. I don't care if it has 32 GB built in. I want a removable card and that's a deal breaker for me. Oh well, I'll stick to my Note II.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-23-2013 10:25 PM
    I totally agree with you Eclipse, I love my Razr Maxx and the ability to insert a 32GB micro SD card or even swap them out. The 32GB onboard will probably be no more than 24 after the OS and any bloatware that is installed. This is a dealbreaker for me too. If I wanted this kind of locked up device I'd look at an iPhone
    07-24-2013 12:36 PM
    Ok, has anyone mentioned if the SIM card on these is removable? I keep seeing the word embedded and I haven't seen any pics with a sim card tray/slot yet. A non-swappable SIM would be a terrible idea for this pone.
    The SIM slot is in the volume rocker.
    07-25-2013 11:18 AM
    The SIM slot is in the volume rocker.
    Is the SIM tray accessible to change SIM cards in a hole quickly by the user with a SIM key like on iphone 5, htc one and others with an unibody design? This is vital for me and I really want to own this phone.
    07-25-2013 11:45 AM
    Is the SIM tray accessible to change SIM cards in a hole quickly by the user with a SIM key like on iphone 5, htc one and others with an unibody design? This is vital for me and I really want to own this phone.
    Looking at the pics, I don't see where the hole is. Maybe there's a tool?
    07-25-2013 12:28 PM
    Looking at the pics, I don't see where the hole is. Maybe there's a tool?
    I pray to God there will be. In their replies to me,Moto customer service told me they are not sure about the sim card being removable. I'm going to use this phone overseas so if I cannot pop in a local sim card it will kill me.
    07-25-2013 12:36 PM
    I pray to God there will be. In their replies to me,Moto customer service told me they are not sure about the sim card being removable. I'm going to use this phone overseas so if I cannot pop in a local sim card it will kill me.
    It's been described as a slot. Sort of implies it's removable.
    07-25-2013 12:37 PM
    Set Your Location

In the Q&A section: "The volume control buttons actually pop out or eject out to reveal the sim card tray. That's where the sim card goes." - not sure if valid though.
    07-25-2013 01:35 PM
    Set Your Location
    In the Q&A section: "The volume control buttons actually pop out or eject out to reveal the sim card tray. That's where the sim card goes." - not sure if valid though.
    How on earth would you eject the volume rocker? Looking at the high resolution marketing images, there's no poking hole on them or the power button. And I don't think you'd want them ejecting with pushes since people have a habit of actually pushing volume buttons.
    Removable nano SIM?-rockers.png
    07-25-2013 05:36 PM
    How on earth would you eject the volume rocker? Looking at the high resolution marketing images, there's no poking hole on them or the power button. And I don't think you'd want them ejecting with pushes since people have a habit of actually pushing volume buttons.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rockers.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	74804
    I don't know.

I did confirm with Sascha Segan from PCWorld, who was the first to point this out in his Hands-On piece about the new DROIDs, that the SIM is user-removable via Twitter.

The three phones have a lot in common: they're all unibody, made of very smooth Kevlar with shiny, visually textured backs that tend to get fingerprinty, and ridged power and volume buttons on the side. (The SIM card slot is actually in the volume rocker.) They all have 10-megapixel cameras on the back and 2-megapixel shooters on the front. The batteries are sealed in, and there are no memory card slots. They'll all come in black and a deep Verizon red, and they all have 720p displays; the Ultra and Maxx have 5-inch Super AMOLED HD displays, while the Mini has a 4.3-inch TFT LCD.
    07-25-2013 06:32 PM
    no need more words,see it

from china sina weibo,fun
    Ry and Averix like this.
    07-25-2013 07:20 PM
    07-25-2013 07:30 PM
    Nice, now I can be tempted to upgrade to this phone even though I shouldn't.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-25-2013 09:38 PM
    no need more words,see it
    from china sina weibo,fun
    I got verification from the head of Motorola's user forums as well. "It is removable." Short, but to the point. LOL
    07-26-2013 10:25 AM