Spec which is better Droid Ultra Maxx or HTC One?

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I would like to get an S4 but the battery issues concern me. I hear signal is weaker but in my area it wouldn't matter. The Note II is fine but I'm growing tired of such a big device in my hand. I would love to get an HTC One but I will never buy a phone again with a questionable battery. I'm also not one to carry extra batteries or in the non removable a portable charger. So honestly it really comes down to the Maxx or keep my Note II. My dad is eligible for an upgrade on August 17 so just in time and i get to use it. Don't fail me Moto.
If its RGB AMOLED, I'd imagine you'd like the MAXX pretty well. The signal will most likely be strong and it's very close to AOSP. The ONE does have a Mophie option, but it's considerably larger. I'm torn between One+Mophie or MAXX. Primarily because the One has a nicer screen, stereo front speakers, and a Google Edition ROM that can be installed.

Well see, if the MAXX uses RGB, is lag free and has a noticeably stronger signal than the One, I'll probably get it.

Another huge benefit of the MAXX is the capacitive buttons instead if onscreen like the Nexus, previous RAZR and Moto X. It's really dumb to use 10% of your screen for buttons.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I didn't see anyone call it 8 core in this thread. And the Ultra benchmarked higher than the One during Engadgets hands on

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

Did we not learn anything about benchmarks after this Samsung debacle :)

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If its RGB AMOLED, I'd imagine you'd like the MAXX pretty well. The signal will most likely be strong and it's very close to AOSP. The ONE does have a Mophie option, but it's considerably larger. I'm torn between One+Mophie or MAXX. Primarily because the One has a nicer screen, stereo front speakers, and a Google Edition ROM that can be installed.

Well see, if the MAXX uses RGB, is lag free and has a noticeably stronger signal than the One, I'll probably get it.

Another huge benefit of the MAXX is the capacitive buttons instead if onscreen like the Nexus, previous RAZR and Moto X. It's really dumb to use 10% of your screen for buttons.

I'm no camera crazed guy but I would like a decent camera. At least better then the RAZR HD which had some odd exposure issues.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was messing with my sisters RAZR Maxx tonight. The screen didn't bother me at all and that's not even the HD version. I must admit I want a Droid Maxx now for its smaller size and battery life. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I was messing with my sisters RAZR Maxx tonight. The screen didn't bother me at all and that's not even the HD version. I must admit I want a Droid Maxx now for its smaller size and battery life. :)
My Dad has an original RAZR MAXX, my brother a RAZR HD, sister in law a RAZR M. Then screens on all of them are horrible. I could never go back to a RAZR HD or worse...yuck.

I'm really hoping the DROID MAXX is an excellent phone.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I still think it's all in what someone gets used to. Don't get me wrong, there's a point where that doesn't apply, i.e. going to a screen like the MotoX had. But for me, playing with an S4 for a while and then jumping back on my GNex doesn't bother me. Some people talk like these screens will cause your eyes to explode if you look at them too long because they're SO horrible. Come on, it's all a little High School High dramatic. ;)

That said, yeah, the screen obviously matters. The last time I picked a device purely on the screen I was greeted with lag and GPS issues out of my SGS. Screen is #4 on my list of generalities. 1) OS Optimization 2) Battery 3) Strength of radios/call quality 4) Screen. Everyone is different, but personally, if I had to pick one I'd pick an overall "better" experience out of a device at the cost of screen quality. It's a tough decision because The One has the nicest screen I've seen on anything so far and is extremely snappy. In my opinion, HTC hit a freaking Grand Slam with The One in terms of screen, OS optimization, battery, overall build quality and awesome speakers. I like to think that the new Droids will match in the "snappy" department, build quality (kinda apples and oranges) and the speakers sound to be pretty good for not being front facing. I think it's going to come down to screen quality vs battery life and whether or not someone wants Sense or not.

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I still think it's all in what someone gets used to. Don't get me wrong, there's a point where that doesn't apply, i.e. going to a screen like the MotoX had. But for me, playing with an S4 for a while and then jumping back on my GNex doesn't bother me. Some people talk like these screens will cause your eyes to explode if you look at them too long because they're SO horrible. Come on, it's all a little High School High dramatic. ;)

That said, yeah, the screen obviously matters. The last time I picked a device purely on the screen I was greeted with lag and GPS issues out of my SGS. Screen is #4 on my list of generalities. 1) OS Optimization 2) Battery 3) Strength of radios/call quality 4) Screen. Everyone is different, but personally, if I had to pick one I'd pick an overall "better" experience out of a device at the cost of screen quality. It's a tough decision because The One has the nicest screen I've seen on anything so far and is extremely snappy. In my opinion, HTC hit a freaking Grand Slam with The One in terms of screen, OS optimization, battery, overall build quality and awesome speakers. I like to think that the new Droids will match in the "snappy" department, build quality (kinda apples and oranges) and the speakers sound to be pretty good for not being front facing. I think it's going to come down to screen quality vs battery life and whether or not someone wants Sense or not.

i don't think in terms of an unchanging hierarchy of features like that. If an item is really bad or really good it tends to get bumped to the front in my mind and may outweigh other factors. For example, the first pentile screen i saw, was a bionic. I immediately noticed the screen was doing weird things. A stationary bright green object seemed like it had moving pixels inside of it. This was my first time looking at an android. i had no idea about what tech was involved. but it immediately jumped to the top of my heirarchy for that particular device.

my gnex on the other hand (pentil 720p), no matter how hard i stare at it, i don't get that effect. i might see a tiny bit of distortion if i stare really hard, but nothing looks like it's moving. so the screen is good enough and isn't the highest thing on my heirarchy for the gnex. It's the battery, unfortunately.

But this can work in the other direction too. The dmaxx has that amazing battery, and i'm willing to put up with a lot of flaws to get it, as long as the screen isn't spazzing out at first brief glance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12