They put that glossy back on the Ultra and Mini that looks like it would just be a fingerprint magnet and give me one more thing to want to wipe off all the time. I'm glad they kept the same kevlar back as on the current RMHD. Same reason I think the glass black rear on the iphone or that mirror finish on the prior iphones was dumb. They should have put the anodized finish of the ipods on it so it wouldn't collect prints.
    07-23-2013 08:12 PM
    Absolutely agree.

Soft touch plastics, or Kevlar if you will, look and feel like a more premium product.
    07-23-2013 08:21 PM
    They're really not giving people much of a reason to buy the Ultra. Seems like a no brainer to just spend the extra money for the MAXX. I like that the kevlar at least made it onto one of Motorola's new phones. I really liked it back when I had the original DROID RAZR.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL
    phathands likes this.
    07-23-2013 08:39 PM
    They're really not giving people much of a reason to buy the Ultra. Seems like a no brainer to just spend the extra money for the MAXX. I like that the kevlar at least made it onto one of Motorola's new phones. I really liked it back when I had the original DROID RAZR.

All three of the new Droids are Kevlar. The Maxx is just matte instead of glossy

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-23-2013 10:05 PM
    All three of the new Droids are Kevlar. The Maxx is just matte instead of glossy

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app
    Oh, that makes more sense. Glossy kevlar is a pretty big departure from the matte, but we'll have to see how it goes over with people.

07-24-2013 12:04 AM
    Oh, that makes more sense. Glossy kevlar is a pretty big departure from the matte, but we'll have to see how it goes over with people.

I hope it looks better in person. I'm ordering the maxx but it seems the mini is the next most popular option. I would hate the gloss from what I've seen so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    07-24-2013 12:19 AM
    The matte is definitely nicer IMO, but I was really hoping for this in white or red.
    07-25-2013 12:31 AM
    The matte is definitely nicer IMO, but I was really hoping for this in white or red.
    Me too. I wish it came in red like the Ultra. Black is nice, but I'm ready for something a little more snazzy after years of black phones.
    07-25-2013 12:35 AM