Both of these sound nice, but I wonder how much people will actually use them. What do you need on the TV's end to be able to receive the signal? Its not like you can just go over to a friends house and then broadcast something onto their tv. And I'd wonder how much people would do that anyway.

And what about the Zap? I'm guessing that for other people to be able to see and receive the pics or video they need to have the same type of phone. The one add mentioned sharing pics at a concert with people around you. Who wants to do that? I want to just throw a phone pic I took up there in the cloud for whomever wants it? What's the usefulness of that?

It just seems like these are both nifty features and all, but not really all that practical. I remember the way you could share files on a phone by putting them back to back and tapping the screen (on a Nexus maybe?) I can't say I've ever seen one person do that. And I remember seeing someone exchange contact info by shaking their phones next to each other. Sort of a handshake gesture. Never seen anyone do that except the one time as a novelty.

So what do you think? Are these useful features or no?
    07-26-2013 10:22 AM
    I think Chromecast Chromekey just made wireless to TV irrelevant for the most part, but will be handy in apps that are not Chromekey ready. I thought they said your TV had to have "CEC" support for the Droids which will limit it to newer TVs. I have one TV with that support, so I'm interested to try it. I'm fearful that it will be too hard to connect and make work, so more marketing feature than useful feature.

Zap sounds good, but I think too many things have to be in place to make it useful. Can you only send to others with Droids? Can it be any Android phone? Two of my family members have iPhones so they're out. I think again a nice marketing feature, but may not be practical.

Waiting for Moto X announcement before pulling the trigger on the Maxx. Never had a Droid...what's been the experience with the first Maxx and Maxx HD? Good phones or clunky after a while?
    07-27-2013 09:46 AM
    There is going to be an app that will let people without Zap search for those photos. Once you "zap" them, they'll be available for up to 2 minutes for people who have the app that are actively searching. I don't know if there's going to be an iFone app or not.
    07-27-2013 11:06 AM
    There is going to be an app that will let people without Zap search for those photos. Once you "zap" them, they'll be available for up to 2 minutes for people who have the app that are actively searching. I don't know if there's going to be an iFone app or not.
    Seems like I could just as easily text or email it to you.
    07-27-2013 12:00 PM
    I think Chromecast Chromekey just made wireless to TV irrelevant for the most part, but will be handy in apps that are not Chromekey ready. I thought they said your TV had to have "CEC" support for the Droids which will limit it to newer TVs. I have one TV with that support, so I'm interested to try it. I'm fearful that it will be too hard to connect and make work, so more marketing feature than useful feature.

Zap sounds good, but I think too many things have to be in place to make it useful. Can you only send to others with Droids? Can it be any Android phone? Two of my family members have iPhones so they're out. I think again a nice marketing feature, but may not be practical.

Waiting for Moto X announcement before pulling the trigger on the Maxx. Never had a Droid...what's been the experience with the first Maxx and Maxx HD? Good phones or clunky after a while?
    Yep, I agree. It sounds all spiffy, but I bet hardly anyone uses either feature.

I've loved my RMHD. You just can't beat the battery life on it and I'm so in love with the battery that I don't know that I can ever talk myself into a phone with a smaller battery unless they become so efficient that they can get the same life out of a 2100mah battery. The X sounds nice, but isn't it going to be a more mid-range device? And with a much smaller battery.
    07-27-2013 12:04 PM
    Yep, I agree. It sounds all spiffy, but I bet hardly anyone uses either feature.

I've loved my RMHD. You just can't beat the battery life on it and I'm so in love with the battery that I don't know that I can ever talk myself into a phone with a smaller battery unless they become so efficient that they can get the same life out of a 2100mah battery. The X sounds nice, but isn't it going to be a more mid-range device? And with a much smaller battery.

Now we know what the Moto X is and it solidifies my choice for the Maxx as all the features are pretty much the same except the Maxx has the battery, wireless charging and 32GB. I like the LG G2, but not sure about the button placement, UI and LG updating the phone quickly. Note 3 is too big and can't wait for the Honami or the new Nexus. If I really want the Nexus, I'll have to buy one unlocked and try it out another carrier or sell my Maxx at that time if it makes it to Vz. A lot of choices though...
    08-08-2013 07:57 PM
    Nope, these don't matter to me at all.
    08-08-2013 11:12 PM
    The g2 looks great but I'm concerned about the battery life on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4
    08-08-2013 11:36 PM
    I installed the Linksys PTV300 for my TV a while ago to play with the wireless-to-TV feature on my new laptop. I don't use it every day, but when I want it, I'm glad it's there. One less cable to trip over later.
    Yes, I'm looking forward to playing with it from my Droid MAXX. No promises about how much I'll use it, but then I haven't used my HDMI cable a lot, either. :+)
    08-09-2013 11:29 AM
    Not interested at all in Zap. And I don't have anything that supports Miracast.
    08-09-2013 10:39 PM