I was wondering if some of you could post your current amount of RAM being used and the amount remaining. My Droid Razr Maxx HD has become very sluggish. It works great after a reboot, but it doesn't take long at all for it to start running very slow. When I check my RAM being used (on SETTINGS > APPS > RUNNING) right now I have 634 MB used and 197 MB free. I have seen my free RAM go has low as 50 or 60 when my phone is slow. Is anyone else experiencing similar results. I am not running an outlandish amount of APPS and am unsure of what to do.
    07-27-2013 04:12 PM
    The RMHD/RHD only has 1GB of memory, so if you open a few apps it runs a bit low. The Android system should close apps as it needs more memory, so that shouldn't cause a slow down, but it may. Motorolas tinkerings probably affect performance more though. Their 'power saving script' has disastrous consequences to fluidity.

I'd recommend using Fast Reboot. Its much faster than actually resetting the phone. Also, you may have a bit more luck in the RAZR HD forum.

Good luck.
    07-27-2013 05:16 PM
    Sounds like a memory leak to me - eliminate 1 app at a time to find that bad boy
    07-27-2013 05:22 PM
    The RMHD/RHD only has 1GB of memory, so if you open a few apps it runs a bit low. The Android system should close apps as it needs more memory, so that shouldn't cause a slow down, but it may. Motorolas tinkerings probably affect performance more though. Their 'power saving script' has disastrous consequences to fluidity.

I'd recommend using Fast Reboot. Its much faster than actually resetting the phone. Also, you may have a bit more luck in the RAZR HD forum.

Good luck.
    +1

It might not be RAM either. You could have a rogue app going nuts or, if it's running hot you could be seeing issues because your processor is underclocking itself. It's not sitting on the dash of your car or sitting in a window getting hot or anything is it? (which would cause the device to underclock itself). Is it stock?
    07-30-2013 12:18 PM
    +1

It might not be RAM either. You could have a rogue app going nuts or, if it's running hot you could be seeing issues because your processor is underclocking itself. It's not sitting on the dash of your car or sitting in a window getting hot or anything is it? (which would cause the device to underclock itself). Is it stock?
    I uninstalled several apps and widgets and it seems to be running much better. Before, I had noticed my phone getting very hot. Maybe it was one of the apps I uninstalled that was causing problems.
    07-30-2013 12:59 PM
    You probably did have an app that causes memory leaks. If you have root, try this app from the Play Store. You hand Hibernate those pesky apps when you aren't using them and that should go a long way.
    07-30-2013 04:12 PM