Does the Droid Maxx have duel LTE antenna?

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading everything I can find about the Droid Max for conformation that it does have the Moto X's duel LTE antennas but can find nothing. Has anyone else read anything about it??

BKVic

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Does Droid Ultra Maxx satisfy the LTE-Advanced standard?
Specifically ?a dual LTE Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) Smart Antenna.?

You can change your forum name to happy customer because the DROID Maxx does indeed come with dual LTE MIMO technology. So, you'll have advanced data speeds under control. - Evan_VZW

From Droid Maxx Q&A on verizon websoite

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I've seen that before but if I'm not mistaken its taken from some sort of Q&A from Moto. I'd like confirmation from an Android site or from the specs on a box ect.

BKVic

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
i've looked at the fcc documents for both phones, and from what i could gather, it is AWS ready (advanced LTE), but the physical antennas in the X are much larger and arranged differently than in the droids

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
i've looked at the fcc documents for both phones, and from what i could gather, it is AWS ready (advanced LTE), but the physical antennas in the X are much larger and arranged differently than in the droids

Do you think this is because the Droids lack the dual, [not duel ;)] or because the X is built for multiple carriers?

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you think this is because the Droids lack the dual, [not duel ;)] or because the X is built for multiple carriers?

there's different fcc filings for each carrier for the X. i only looked at the verizon version, which has cdma, lte, and gsm, just like the droids do. i can't say that this means that it suggests that droids lack the duel [sic.] though. so just sharing the available info.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
there's different fcc filings for each carrier for the X. i only looked at the verizon version, which has cdma, lte, and gsm, just like the droids do. i can't say that this means that it suggests that droids lack the duel [sic.] though. so just sharing the available info.

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.