Great phone - buggy software

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
iPhone troll...

The HTC One is what the iPhone 5 should have been.

The Maxx is a different, but comparable beast to the One.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Allan k1

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Physically, I agree with you about the HTC (with the exception of the static sometimes).
Software wise, for the most part it is not "there yet."
Clearly I use both of them, and also I am not a troll. I don't appreciate that talk. The software and some of the third party software is somewhat buggy- it lacks polish as well.
Somewhat more buggy, than was my jailbroken iPhone. Im running 4.1.2, waiting on ATT for updates.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Physically, I agree with you about the HTC (with the exception of the static sometimes).
Software wise, for the most part it is not "there yet."
Clearly I use both of them, and also I am not a troll. I don't appreciate that talk. The software and some of the third party software is somewhat buggy- it lacks polish as well.
Somewhat more buggy, than was my jailbroken iPhone. Im running 4.1.2, waiting on ATT for updates.

That is your biggest problem. The Verizon version of the HTC One has a newer version of Android without any bugs. I have both the Verizon HTC One and the Droid Maxx and the One has no bugs at all. I have also used iPhones that were jailbroken and I can honestly say that not one of the iPhones I have used even comes close to the One or the Droid Maxx. I know alot of iPhone users that tried Android and they always preferred the simpler technology that the iPhone offers. Most iPhone users should just stay with an iPhone because they can't grasp the intricacies of being able to completely customize a phone. And you don't have to root an Android phone to have more control that with the iPhone.

Allan k1

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I can grasp it. Im very computer knowledgable. I have learned the system to a large extent in about 2 days. Im now assessing crash reports. I am very computer literate. Yes, I want to root so badly, for a few more things... I just can't imagine possibly having a 600.00 paperweight. My warranty specifically denies coverage for rooting, but not jailbreaking. Let me give you a list of my ongoing bugs.
I would just like to know if I am not alone, or if these were fixed in 4.2.2- which I have no access to right now...

In two days:
Random connection disconnects, in play store especially- it will say try again. I click it and it works
Slow down in browsing about 25% of the time it will take a while to load- it has plenty of RAM I have checked.
Play store instead of selecting, it will highlight it. I click repeatedly in desperation.
Random goggle now activation
Random non-touch responsiveness that cause me to have to click it multiple times (I enabled the developer settings to be sure it was actually getting recognition- the circle shows it is in the correct spot)
Sometimes music will stop playing on its own, only twice so far
-When I try to click the play button, it won't play... Until it gets a minute. As if it was telling me to hold on...
I have turned off vibration feedback, but sometimes it turns itself back on
I have looked at the crash reports, to my knowledge these issues are not because of third party software.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I can grasp it. Im very computer knowledgable. I have learned the system to a large extent in about 2 days. Im now assessing crash reports. I am very computer literate. Yes, I want to root so badly, for a few more things... I just can't imagine possibly having a 600.00 paperweight. My warranty specifically denies coverage for rooting, but not jailbreaking. Let me give you a list of my ongoing bugs.
I would just like to know if I am not alone, or if these were fixed in 4.2.2- which I have no access to right now...

In two days:
Random connection disconnects, in play store especially- it will say try again. I click it and it works
Slow down in browsing about 25% of the time it will take a while to load- it has plenty of RAM I have checked.
Play store instead of selecting, it will highlight it. I click repeatedly in desperation.
Random goggle now activation
Random non-touch responsiveness that cause me to have to click it multiple times (I enabled the developer settings to be sure it was actually getting recognition- the circle shows it is in the correct spot)
Sometimes music will stop playing on its own, only twice so far
-When I try to click the play button, it won't play... Until it gets a minute. As if it was telling me to hold on...
I have turned off vibration feedback, but sometimes it turns itself back on
I have looked at the crash reports, to my knowledge these issues are not because of third party software.

These issues are widely known. Here is a how to that will fix most, if not all of the issues.

How to fix my buggy HTC One.

Allan k1

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
My mom would be a testament to at least the music stopping. It was so odd. We were chatting at the table. The phone needs to go back for a dead pixel, so may be it is defective. Look at this website I found, I only have about 3 of these issues, but the above issues also. HTC One Problems: Bugs users complain about most (and solutions) | Digital Trends I love the phone otherwise though... I might just keep both phones and be a complete addict- lol. I didn't want to be mean and exchange it for another in the store and then return the new One.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma