Motorola command center

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Who is still using the command center on their homescreen? I love it coming from a Samsung which has an awful clock/weather widget.

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Stopped using it. Hate the constant redraws, plus doesn't work with nova launcher. I do like the widget itself though.

Posted via Android Central App

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Still using it, I like it. Is there a way to change the "commands" when you touch certain things? I would like to go to Gmail when I hit the time, Calendar when I hit the date, etc. Also, I'd like to use Weatherbug instead of Accuweather. I've got an HD Widget on the 1st screen to the left with those commands set up....using both to see which one I like best.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I would love to replace the weather one with a weather so of my choosing. I like to look at radar without going to a website

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I deleted it because I wanted a fairly clean screen.
muhyma4a.jpg

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I like the idea of it displaying battery all the time. But I just can't see a reason to take up 8 slots for it when I can check battery with the quick settings.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I like it, I was jealous when my daughter got her RAZR m and she had circle widgets lol.. No she is jealous!!

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
i love it and i'm using a cheap knock off with nova launcher prime now. i've been doing some research, and i can't believe nobody has decompiled the widget apk and removed the code that checks for moto launcher.

on a related note, the command center weather ring links to an apk named weather.apk. i have not been able to locate this app in the app drawer (to link my knock off widget's weather ring to it). anyone know how to get at it besides the droid command center widget?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Its AccuWeather. Don't know if there is an app the widgets for it came in n my Samsung as the default weather app..

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Its AccuWeather. Don't know if there is an app the widgets for it came in n my Samsung as the default weather app..

I got to it through nova activities. Created a shortcut for it on the home screen. But couldn't link it to the chrome rings widget because it's an activity not an app... technically

Kevin Ecker

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
i love it and i'm using a cheap knock off with nova launcher prime now. i've been doing some research, and i can't believe nobody has decompiled the widget apk and removed the code that checks for moto launcher.

I don't know how to do that but I would pay for someone else to do it. I love this widget but I'd really like to be able to use the Nova launcher instead.

yidfixy

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
What is a "redraw?"

Sometimes you might notice the widget disappear for a second and "redraw" itself after returning to the home screen. Generally happens when the app/widget has been cleared from memory by Android's automated processes. I removed the app as well because of this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781