Droid maxx durability

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
How durable do you think it is? I'm constantly getting pounced on by my dogs. Think it's durable enough to handle that for 2 years?

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
That's the selling point of the Moto Droids, in my opinion. Kevlar and Gorilla Glass 2 or 3 depending on who's telling the truth make it one durable phone.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Whether you have pugs or bull mastiffs would be good to know. If it's more similar to the latter, I would just get a tech skin for the screen. For extra protection a case will make it pretty bomb proof (if you want to go that far). But the build quality by itself is pretty tough.

Posted via Android Central App

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Whether you have pugs or bull mastiffs would be good to know. If it's more similar to the latter, I would just get a tech skin for the screen. For extra protection a case will make it pretty bomb proof (if you want to go that far). But the build quality by itself is pretty tough.

Good point. They are each 20 pounds

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Option #2: Train the dogs not to pounce on you. ;)

My 90lb lab tried that once as a puppy...... once, and only once. :p

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
If its anywhere as tough as the original RAZR maxx you should be good.. My daughter uses hers w out the otterbox I bought her and it has withstood the stuff she puts hers through lol

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
If its anywhere as tough as the original RAZR maxx you should be good.. My daughter uses hers w out the otterbox I bought her and it has withstood the stuff she puts hers through lol

That's good. They jump on us a lot so it was a concern when I had the gs4. Had to have a case but I would prefer not to use one with the maxx

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I just brought one home and it feels as durable as my last two maxx's. I never have had a case on any of them and I've never had any issues. I did buy a bumper case for this new one from Verizon. I really like it. It adds almost no extra bulk but looks like it would help it in a fall.

artdeguzman

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just brought one home and it feels as durable as my last two maxx's. I never have had a case on any of them and I've never had any issues. I did buy a bumper case for this new one from Verizon. I really like it. It adds almost no extra bulk but looks like it would help it in a fall.

I returned the bumper case. It did not feel premium and cheapened the over all experience of such a well built handset. IMO

Sent from my Droid Maxx

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

That's good. I've never had a moto before

My dogs are always jumping on me or bumping my arm really hard while I'm using the phone. Sometimes they bump the actual phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca